Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Survival Seed Kit for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by caribico View Post
    25$ +29$ shipping!!! what a joke!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listin...&condition=new

29$ shipping include on amazon.ca.
    Not very cool bud Kate is awesome she tries her best to bring us interesting items and is very pleasant and helpful if you actually call her

If people want to shop around and starve out the little guy who actually gives a s### they know how to work Google too

PROUD MEMBER OF I.U.O.E. local 793

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    Sorry, I am a farmer and scientist in my day job... Every time I tell someone I run a farm I get asked about the "horrible GMOs" that are "ruining our environment". When companies encourage misinformation and improper labels it leads to a less educated public.
    No, sometimes it's necessary to 'talk down' to a public that willfully chooses ignorance. We see it every day.
    FYI: $5 shipping to SW Ontario.
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

Since this is both a seed/food product it would fall under the CFIAs Novel foods section . http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/lab...83?chap=3#s2c3 .
    Could also fall under competition bureau legislation but the reality of anyone ever complaining is pretty slim.
    There is no zucchini approved for sale in Canada that is GMO and I think the only corn is field corn (very different than sweet corn).
    It really irks me when the GMO free label is on things that are not likely to have GMOs in the first place. As gun owners we fight against fake labels and claims about us but then we support these kind of misleading claims. Average joe who reads the "non-GMO" label on your veggie seed now thinks all other veggies are GMO and are bad for some reason.
    Sunflowers and beets are also gmo.

Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    Sunflowers and beets are also gmo.
    Not sunflowers but yes Sugar beets can be but these are not the same as the beets you eat. In Canada only sugar beets, canola, corn, and soybeans are commercially available and approved.
    The main point is both GMO and non-GMO foods are safe and healthy so we shouldn't allow marketers to try and sway us either way. Much like we get frustrated with the media's lack of knowledge and unscrupulous use of improper terms to try and make gun owners look bad. This is what farmers put up with on a daily basis but we are told the food we grow is somehow bad.

If this is for the zombie apocalypse, won't you be too busy to worry about GMO's? I mean come on, people... Zombies!

BTW all modern farm crops have been significantly modified from their wild ancestral forms. Get over it.

Expired Business Member
    A lot of the customers we have for the Legacy emergency food are quite particular about making sure that things are non-GMO and we definitely believe in the freedom of people to choose. It certainly is a contentious issue!

Not sunflowers but yes Sugar beets can be but these are not the same as the beets you eat. In Canada only sugar beets, canola, corn, and soybeans are commercially available and approved.
    The main point is both GMO and non-GMO foods are safe and healthy so we shouldn't allow marketers to try and sway us either way. Much like we get frustrated with the media's lack of knowledge and unscrupulous use of improper terms to try and make gun owners look bad. This is what farmers put up with on a daily basis but we are told the food we grow is somehow bad.
    So since you're a scientist and all, can you tell me what long term studies have been on GMO foods that proves they are absolutely harmless?

When you say GMO foods are healthy, do you mean that they are safe to inject (and I will leave out suggest connection between GMO foods and cancer and digestive issue aside they're not proven), and all other issues surrounding GMO foods such as environmental impacts and patent issues are essentially not important?

Do you work for Monsanto by any chance?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    So since you're a scientist and all, can you tell me what long term studies have been on GMO foods that proves they are absolutely harmless?

When you say GMO foods are healthy, do you mean that they are safe to inject (and I will leave out suggest connection between GMO foods and cancer and digestive issue aside they're not proven), and all other issues surrounding GMO foods such as environmental impacts and patent issues are essentially not important?

Do you work for Monsanto by any chance?
    Damn auto-correct.

*done
    *injest
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Now we are totally off topic.

Monsanto and GMO's are totally different. Monsanto is a criminal that is trying to control the food market by using GMO products. GMO's are simply genetically modified organisms, (dangerous maybe, maybe not. ) I for one am not worried about the product, but the producer Monsanto scares the S%^& out of me.

GMO.....non GMO .....really???.....who cares ..if they store well ...and will grow when you absolutely need them...and will produce their own seed.....then they are a good product.....hands down.....end of story

I for one appreciate the products endorsed by ammo supply, as after picking up products and talking with them personally, I am left with the impression that they are a company who believes in what they are selling and are trying to do their best to bring quality products to their customers...

I support them as a local ..and a Canadian company and when I need something....I will check them out first

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast