Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Survival Seed Kit for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakman View Post
    I for one will ONLY eat GMO foods... That's my secret to being over 6 feet tall by the time I was 14! Also caveman ate all natural and all organic and they thew rocks at their shadows and died at age 35...
    Wow, a lot of misinformed people on what GMO is. Selective breeding, and intentionally modifying the genetic signature in a science lab are two entirely different things. You can never cross specific characteristics of a tomato with corn, or a beet with genes from a fish, tree etc... and produce a seed....or successfully breed any other dissimilar species for that matter. With genetic modification, this is what's happening....that's what they're doing. Mixing in genes from dissimilar species that would never take place in nature by natural methods. VERY different reality from selective pollination of the same species.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    Your misinformation disgusts me.

I for one would prefer a GMO seed bank. I grow food for a living, fyi.
    I grow food for a living too, but GMO is something I avoid for my own consumption at every viable level, and the farm is turning away from GMO as well. GMO is not and will not be the future, Organic Certified is and will be the future.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    Fun fact : non of the seeds in this package are available as a GMO so technically it's breaking Canadian advertising law to label this as non GMO .
    Incorrect. Way to get your post count up bud.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I grow food for a living too, but GMO is something I avoid for my own consumption at every viable level, and the farm is turning away from GMO as well. GMO is not and will not be the future, Organic Certified is and will be the future.

This is exactly why I couldn't help bumping this thread. Gmos are an amazing invention. I work on the research side of it with my own firm, and I work with organic producers as well. Gmos use fewer pesticides, less water and are overall better for the environment as they require less tillage and are starting to use less nutrients out of the soil as well.

Organic certified is a marketing tool catering to the misinformed. I'd like to see your evidence for why you avoid gmos, or why you think organic is the future or even any evidence that farming is turning away from gmos. Organic production is up, but so are cultivated acres using gmo seeds.

Also, earlier in the thread a guy said that gmos have pesticides inside them. No, they have proteins in them that are toxic to certain insects. Just like avocados have proteins in them that are toxic to horses! This is the bs information that burns me up.

Monsanto (and Syngenta, and Bayer and DuPont etc) are all amazing companies and no one controls the food supply. They never treat farmers poorly, I know, I am one as well. Gmos have also increased variety, as there are now thousands of hybrids. So food security will be ensured in future. Lastly, there are no "terminator" seeds on the market. As in none, Monsanto patented that and has locked it up so no one else can use it either. That's not evil, that's downright humanitarian.

Sorry to ammosupply for partaking in this. But I would LOvE to see their food labeled (proudly containing gmos). You'd think that a group of gun guys would be composed of farmers and guys that hate misinformation and rhetoric. Which is exactly what the organic and anti gmo groups are.

BANNED
    Hope there's some wacky to back seeds in there. For the pocolypse of course

Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post
    I'd like to see your evidence for why you avoid gmos...
    I find it highly unlikely he could present any peer-reviewed, scientific evidence at all.

From my readings I think Scotchline did provide some valid points. As for myself however I don't really mind if the seeds are GMO or not; as long as they grow in the Zombie Apocalypse I dig. I do have a question for AmmoSupply Kate, will the seeds grow in post nuclear apocalyptic soil? That's what I'm preparing for over World War Z at the moment.

Does that pack have seeds for cheeseburger and beer trees?
    1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own (including protection), and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (liberal).

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    If this is for the zombie apocalypse, won't you be too busy to worry about GMO's? I mean come on, people... Zombies!

BTW all modern farm crops have been significantly modified from their wild ancestral forms. Get over it.
    agreed on your first sentence... not your second... the royal families across Europe all underwent "selective breeding" and interbreeding...but they were not concocted in a test tube or petrie dish... at least not until the late 20th century. I'm not flaming ya, or putting you down. I'm contemplating purchasing a couple of these packs myself, and I'm thankful for Kate and ammo supply for bringing these in. I would also like to thank the contributors to the thread for their diverse points of view on the subject... all food for thought so to speak... lets keep it classy gents...we're all on the same side.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678