Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Survival Seed Kit for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Expired Business Member

Survival Seed Kit for the Zombie Apocalypse!

For those of you waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse, look no further for your survival supplies than AmmoSupply.ca! We now have 20+ Year shelf life Survival Garden Heirloom Seeds. Also works during non-zombie growing periods

1100 seeds in 30 varieties, non-GMO, non-hybrid. $24.99 per pack.

Name:  survival-garden-heirloom-vegetable-seed-packet-untreated-non-gmo-500x500.jpg
Views: 4711
Size:  47.0 KB

Fun fact : non of the seeds in this package are available as a GMO so technically it's breaking Canadian advertising law to label this as non GMO .

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    Fun fact : non of the seeds in this package are available as a GMO so technically it's breaking Canadian advertising law to label this as non GMO .
    Corn and Zucchini seed are included in the pack and are potentially GMO crops - how specific is this law?

I was gonna buy wild flower seeds to throw out my window in the spring, but this is better.
    Thanks for bringing these in!
    Sheet Metal Workers Local 409

CGN Regular
    I'm curious.... Is this vacuum packed? How do you know they will grow in 20 years ? Other than plant and see that is? Usually frozen seeds are not good for nearly that long. Is the 20 years if they are in a freezer? I could not glean this from trying to read your label picture. I'm not an expert again just curious about the evidence.
    And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that (is) upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

CGN frequent flyer
    I like the idea.

How did they come to the conclusion they would be good to grow in 20 years though? What's the packaging method?

BANNED
    25$ +29$ shipping!!! what a joke!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listin...&condition=new

29$ shipping include on amazon.ca.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caribico View Post
    25$ +29$ shipping!!! what a joke!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listin...&condition=new

29$ shipping include on amazon.ca.
    If you get a crazy shipping price, please note that our shipping calc is for Canpar and we can send these Canada Post! Please PM me for a quote.

Most seeds will stay viable much longer then 20 years if kept dry. The oldest reported viable seed is 38,000 +/- years.

Veggie seeds don't last as long as grass seed though.

Just keep them in a cool dry place like when storing anything for long term and they should be good.
    I remember a story (not sure how true it is and it was a couple years back that I heard it) that someone in the middle east or something found seeds that were assumed to be over 1000 years old stored somewhere. They planted some and they grew.
    Yes I know that's pretty vague but I'm lazy and don't feel like searching for the story.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast