Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re: tradex customer review 2.1.0

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar

re: tradex customer review 2.1.0

Last go at this, this will be short and sweet!

Had problem, they made it right at the end and offered 200$ of a new zastava. Got great service , polite and fast response, quick shipping and a easy transaction.

I ordered a Zastava m98 (m70) in 375h&h. Full disclosure I am more a tactical and milsurp guy so take this for what it's worth.

I was hoping for new rifle but since this was my first zastava, I was expecting it to be well a bit ruff. That's what the Zastava factory packaging was, box in box ship inside a box, and rifle looseish in a plastic bag with the bolt separate, no foam. That is wear the ruff end! I wasn't expecting this rifle to be this nice! The wood is very nice with a almost tiger strip quality to it. The checkering is nice but not very 3 dimensional??? It seem flat and low traction but I like it. Like I said I am no expert on hunting guns. The recoil pad is nice but stiff. The finish on the wood is real nice and even but still leave some pores on the wood. The finish seem to be some kind of oil finish, not a varnish that could peel and flake or fade. The bluing is absolutely flawless! And I don't see any machining marks as one would expect from a east European country firearm. From what I see this firearm is almost perfect for what it is, it is a wonderful Mauser derivatives firearm the only 2 things I could point out is the hard recoil pad, that is really a minor thing that I will adress and I find the bolt to be have quite a bit of up and down travel at the end of it rearward travel and to be less then smooth on its forward motion. Now I am no expert and these last 2 things might be absolutely normal.

I will say I absolutely love this rifle and to me it seems almost to pretty to carry in the woods. I love my savages but this just feel like a real man mans rifle with its all steel and wood construction! A real hit if your a no aluminium and plastic kind of guy!

I can see what you mean by the flat-top checkering, it won't be nearly as grippy as the diamond point checkering. Overall, it looks to be nicely finished, so that's a good thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    You may not be a black rifle guy for much longer..

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Ahhh I'm glad I'm hearing good things on the Zastava , I am highly
    Considering one of these in 6.5se.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    Ahhh I'm glad I'm hearing good things on the Zastava , I am highly
    Considering one of these in 6.5se.
    If you see one on there site don't consider it, just buy it before it's gone! The next batch will probably go up in price fie to our dollar.

Beautiful gun!

With the two Zastavas I have had (including a 6.5mm) the actions felt a little on the rough side but I was amazed at how they both shot. Super accurate.

Trade Ex also got me my 9.3x62 just in time for moose season
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Same fit and finish on my Zastava 7.62x39
    My Remington 798 in 375 H+H is made by Zastava. Much better stock. inlaid wood,sharp checkering, finish I would say is a A+

The things you mentioned about the bolt are normal on these rifles and will smoothen out with use. What is more important is you're getting a real Mauder action on a new rifle. Steele and wood, how rifles were meant to be.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    I had the same rifle years ago. A rebadged Zastava....Interarms Mark X. They are a bit heavy, but considering the caliber, thats a good thing. Mine was a joy to shoot. More a rolling BOOM, than a sharp crack and harsh recoil like a 300mag. Unfortunately to use it you are going to have to find someone to reload for you or start yourself. 375 H&H is pricey in factory ammo. If you are not going to reload, keep your brass, reselling it on the EE will help offset the cost at least.

I am a fan of the Zastava. Would suggest that considering your issue with Tradex, that the company probably went in the back and made sure you won the wood lottery. These rifles are just nice chevrolet trim level utility rifles, good working guns, that the wood is nice is not a accident.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    I had the same rifle years ago. A rebadged Zastava....Interarms Mark X. They are a bit heavy, but considering the caliber, thats a good thing. Mine was a joy to shoot. More a rolling BOOM, than a sharp crack and harsh recoil like a 300mag. Unfortunately to use it you are going to have to find someone to reload for you or start yourself. 375 H&H is pricey in factory ammo. If you are not going to reload, keep your brass, reselling it on the EE will help offset the cost at least.

I am a fan of the Zastava. Would suggest that considering your issue with Tradex, that the company probably went in the back and made sure you won the wood lottery. These rifles are just nice chevrolet trim level utility rifles, good working guns, that the wood is nice is not a accident.
    Well in tradex defence, they had 2 375h&h in stock, I pick one stock number and that's what they sent me! Was I lucky, I guess cause it's gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast