Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grease on the yugo capture K98

Grease on the yugo capture K98

Anybody got theres yet and have any tips for removing the grease. Stuff is worse than cosmoline so far???? Other than that the rifle was in mint shape.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I use varsol and an old toothbrush, and 0000 steel wool, it usually cleans everything up pretty good.

BANNED
    If you dont mind the smell, gasoline is a better solvent than varsol and costs a fraction. Work in a well ventilated area and wear work clothes.

Thanks guys anything less nasty like simple green work too? Also are you using those chemicals on the stock too and just wiping off quick?

If you don't mine me asking did you get the rifle at T.E.C. Thinking of getting one from them but am unsure of the condition.

Quote Originally Posted by visegrip View Post
    If you don't mine me asking did you get the rifle at T.E.C. Thinking of getting one from them but am unsure of the condition.
    Yes I had one in my book marks for awhile then somebody made a post on hear and they started selling quick including the one I picked out. so I jumped on one, grabbed one of the last very good bore ones without a stock crack. I would say the rifle matched there description perhaps maybe even in better shape..

Try a heat gun and some rags. Don't get too close or it will burn the stuff instead of letting it seep out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    brake cleaner

I can't speak on the grease issue as I have only delt with cosmoline but I second break cleaner. Take off all the furniture and spray it silly. Turns cosmoline into runny mess with ease. It stinks a little by way less than gas or varsol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayph View Post
    Yes I had one in my book marks for awhile then somebody made a post on hear and they started selling quick including the one I picked out. so I jumped on one, grabbed one of the last very good bore ones without a stock crack. I would say the rifle matched there description perhaps maybe even in better shape..
    I been thinking about get one from T.E.C. Tradex and was wondering what condition these were in. Perhaps you could post some pics when you have a chance.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast