Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible 8mm Mauser Deal?

I don't shoot my k98 much, but I've been finding sellier and bellot at gunshows for $25 a box.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm afraid bulk 8mm is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    They are still out there.

Doesn't have to be milsurp but a good deal on any current manufacturer would be great as well.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Has anyone tried pulling surplus 8mm out of Egypt? After the war, they had warehouses full of it, and the Egyptian army horded it and handed out packs of it like bars of gold to their soldiers (for the Hakim rifle) until the Hakim got supplanted.

AFAIK, they never went through a fraction of the horde ammo, and never surplussed it either.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    What I'm looking for, to put it short, is something that goes bang in 8mm that I can store for future. I'm not sure about what everyone else thinks but that is my primary concern at this point. I'm not looking for match or high quality ammo, so think of it as emergency back up supply.

I have some Persian 8mm surplus but they are unreliable to say the least. I am aware of Yugo and Romanian surplus that's out there which would be ideal if you can get them in tin cans. Let us know what you please and thank you.
    Definitely interested

Interested

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    What I'm looking for, to put it short, is something that goes bang in 8mm that I can store for future. I'm not sure about what everyone else thinks but that is my primary concern at this point. I'm not looking for match or high quality ammo, so think of it as emergency back up supply.

I have some Persian 8mm surplus but they are unreliable to say the least. I am aware of Yugo and Romanian surplus that's out there which would be ideal if you can get them in tin cans. Let us know what you please and thank you.
    PPU might well be the cheapest we can get right now, apart from any surplus which are hard to find, but we'll look! And we'll put together some case pricing on PPU.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    PPU might well be the cheapest we can get right now, apart from any surplus which are hard to find, but we'll look! And we'll put together some case pricing on PPU.
    You rock.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    I'd be in, but it has to be boxer brass and well priced. $2 a round(after shipping and taxes is not cheap in my books)
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    Bulk maybe in a way... 1.75/rnd is not for me. Take a good look at what the Europeans offer in 8mm. Affordable and choices... It's far from being dead!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast