Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible 8mm Mauser Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Bulk maybe in a way... 1.75/rnd is not for me. Take a good look at what the Europeans offer in 8mm. Affordable and choices... It's far from being dead!
    I know there are crates of the Yugo ammo in US that translates to 70 cents a round. Bah.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Bulk maybe in a way... 1.75/rnd is not for me. Take a good look at what the Europeans offer in 8mm. Affordable and choices... It's far from being dead!
    I located some 8x57JS between 24euros (PPU) and 27 euros (S&B) in France per 20rnd. The cheapest I can find is 600 euros for 800 rnd for some PRVI (still in France), which would indeed beat what you can find here..

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    PPU might well be the cheapest we can get right now, apart from any surplus which are hard to find, but we'll look! And we'll put together some case pricing on PPU.
    Anything over $30 is too expensive. I understand profit has to be made but I do have a feeling manufacturers or importers are taking advantage of this round. Last year PPU could be found for $21/box and now is well over $30 at most places. Local gun shop near Gatineau sells Igman, Bosnian so, so brand for $47 !!!!. Domestic brands are also around $40 at box stores.There are tens of thousands of Russian and Yugo captured 8mm Mausers in Canada plus the new guns in this caliber so it can't be a supply and demand issue. Not sure if it is possible for you as a dealer to contact manufacturers directly because Barnaul makes 30-06 that sells here for $19/box. It is a similar size round so I'm sure if then knew we are all thirsty for 8 mm they could make some at decent price and sell million of rounds here.

I remember the $20/box ammo very well. It wasn't long ago and the round is far from dead. I don't know what's warranting these ridiculous prices.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Lanz Shooting has S&B 8mm JS SP for $24.99. However it is only for pick up as they do not ship anymore. Too bad. That is the price I can accept as more realistic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123