Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AIA Factory

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    Seems it has always been a myth...

hxxp://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2108732&postcount=11
    Of course you have personal knowledge that you should share with the rest of us
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    I don't believe they actually exist.
    And you base your unfounded opinion on what ?
    John

My biggest firearms regret of all time is not getting one when I had the chance years ago.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by millwright View Post
    Australian International Arms makers of Lee Enfied clones (sort of) and yes I own three so I know of what I speak
    Impossible my friend, all these experts say you are wrong.... Thank you for adding some sanity to this chat
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    They went tits up a few years ago
    Another expert with personal knowledge.... Would you mind sharing, the next time the owner is here I would like to bring him up to date
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So Johnone are we taking preorders? And I was tempted a few years back and I snoozed....

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Due to higher prices and lower Canadian dollar, the reply is no
    John
    How much higher are the prices? I think im not alone saying that i want a new one bad enough that id be willing to pay. Could there be a smaller order placed if enough guys anti in and pay up front?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Excerpt from a Canadian government document concerning the military's Small Arms Replacement Project II (SARP 2):

13. A company based in Australia, Australian International Arms (AIA), markets a M10 No.4 Mk IV Modern Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) Rifle in 7.62mm NATO calibre. This rifle is a replica of the Lee Enfield but in appearance only. The cost of this rifle, less ancillaries is approximately $800.00 (Cdn). The CF technical authority for small arms, DSSPM 5, on 24 Jul 08 conducted an initial examination of the AIA rifle because in appearance it closely resembles the current Lee Enfield. The technical authority concluded that the rifle would not meet the Canadian Ranger’s requirement without significant modification and re-engineering because it is cheaply made.

14. The Australian International Arms M10 No 4 Mk IV SMLE Rifle fires a 7.62 x 51mm NATO cartridge and at first glance appears to meet the CF requirement as a replacement for the Canadian Ranger Rifle. The rifle is assembled from parts manufactured from throughout South-East Asia in locations such as as Viet Nam, Thailand (teak stocks) and Indonesia. The barrel is hammer-forged in Australia. The general assessment is that the rifle is accurate and attractively priced, but it was clearly designed for the civilian recreational shooting market and it is not a military product. Many parts of the rifle are cheaply made and would likely fail under testing.
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    There was a live interview on an Aussie gun site as I recall, about 2-3 years ago. They were interviewing the owner of AIA. He answered all kinds of questions.

I believe domestic Australian demand was pretty much eating up all of their production as I recall.

BTW, Johnone of anyone knows what the score is with them. If he says the price is too high now for our market, I'm sure he knows of what he speaks.

One of the models they were showing around was of a new version of the Long Branch lightweight rifle...that one made me drool.

I got lucky enough to find one in 7.62x39. Would love to have one in 7.62x51 as well.

"I believe there is no absolute limit to perfection, therefore I am never fully satisfied, especially with myself." (Gen. F.F. Worthington)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast