Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AIA Factory

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How is the accuracy and relibability of with the one in 7.62x39

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Impossible my friend, all these experts say you are wrong.... Thank you for adding some sanity to this chat
    John
    You da man John. I always get a kick out of reading your responses. You should do stand up comedy.

And I'm the proud owner of 3 AIA rifles from Marstar. (2 B2's and 1 No4.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdqxyy View Post
    How is the accuracy and relibability of with the one in 7.62x39
    Not bad, does not like surplus ammo, lacquer finish sticks in chamber, tolerances are I would think are tighter. I believe only 50 AIA 7.62x39 came into Canada via England.

Proofing

Last edited by Forty4Forty; 02-29-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party.” – Mao Zedong

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    So Johnone are we taking preorders? And I was tempted a few years back and I snoozed....
    There were massive price increases at the producers end, our dollar went in the sewer, so it is not practical at this time....
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Infantry View Post
    Excerpt from a Canadian government document concerning the military's Small Arms Replacement Project II (SARP 2):

13. A company based in Australia, Australian International Arms (AIA), markets a M10 No.4 Mk IV Modern Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) Rifle in 7.62mm NATO calibre. This rifle is a replica of the Lee Enfield but in appearance only. The cost of this rifle, less ancillaries is approximately $800.00 (Cdn). The CF technical authority for small arms, DSSPM 5, on 24 Jul 08 conducted an initial examination of the AIA rifle because in appearance it closely resembles the current Lee Enfield. The technical authority concluded that the rifle would not meet the Canadian Ranger’s requirement without significant modification and re-engineering because it is cheaply made.

14. The Australian International Arms M10 No 4 Mk IV SMLE Rifle fires a 7.62 x 51mm NATO cartridge and at first glance appears to meet the CF requirement as a replacement for the Canadian Ranger Rifle. The rifle is assembled from parts manufactured from throughout South-East Asia in locations such as as Viet Nam, Thailand (teak stocks) and Indonesia. The barrel is hammer-forged in Australia. The general assessment is that the rifle is accurate and attractively priced, but it was clearly designed for the civilian recreational shooting market and it is not a military product. Many parts of the rifle are cheaply made and would likely fail under testing.
    We provided samples to both the Government and Colt
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by cantom View Post
    There was a live interview on an Aussie gun site as I recall, about 2-3 years ago. They were interviewing the owner of AIA. He answered all kinds of questions.

I believe domestic Australian demand was pretty much eating up all of their production as I recall.

BTW, Johnone of anyone knows what the score is with them. If he says the price is too high now for our market, I'm sure he knows of what he speaks.

One of the models they were showing around was of a new version of the Long Branch lightweight rifle...that one made me drool.
    with the issues I mentioned you would be looking at about double what they wee selling previously
    John

Arrrggghhhh! I really wish I'd grabbed one when they were available.
    I won't make the same mistake again if/when the stars align and Johnone brings in a boatload.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Regular
    I would pay double the old price for a 7.62x39

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    I would pay double the old price for a 7.62x39
    $1600 ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Another expert with personal knowledge.... Would you mind sharing, the next time the owner is here I would like to bring him up to date
    John
    Instead of berating potential customers why don't you share?

There seems to be little to no information available on the company (aia) and a number of sources (reliable or otherwise) seem to indicate the company no longer exists.

Does the company still exist? Are the rifles still in production? Of they're out of production, is it only pricing that's keeping them out of production?

There's a market for these rifles, admittedly probably not at the double the last price, but if the dollar goes back up and these are still in production, there's definitely a market.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast