Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last COLT IUR 15.7" we will be Seeing!! SOLD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Great buy... in th coming years these rifles and uppers will be sought after methinks
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    I can't believe someone paid $999 for this without a BCG...

A fool and his money are easily parted
    Jeeze $999?!? I swear last month they were $500, thats around what I paid for mine
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Great buy... in th coming years these rifles and uppers will be sought after methinks
    Yup

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Jeeze $999?!? I swear last month they were $500, thats around what I paid for mine
    I think this odd one went for 780? Bit it's not a blemished one. Colt said they aren't making these anymore. So back to being collectible.

CGN Regular
    Are they not making anymore for the civilian market or not making anymore period? And whats the story there? I thought these things were supposed to be awesome - why discontinue?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    Are they not making anymore for the civilian market or not making anymore period? And whats the story there? I thought these things were supposed to be awesome - why discontinue?
    Military contract was fulfilled... these essentially are production sales of rifles built over the contract amount.

Typical military procurement. You submit a rifle and a price for the military to approve. Once approved you get a Purchase order to supply X number of rifles. As a MFGR, you will make 20% extra units to cover rifles that do not meet the same spec as the sample you provided, or in case they decide they need more.

Now after the contract is satisfied, say you have 15% left over.... what do you do with them? Destroy them? (100% total loss) or sell them at a 50% loss to consumers and write off the cost for a tax break? At least your materials get covered in cost.

I have a rough idea what the RCMP are paying for their patrol carbines.... I would imagine that the IUR's under contract were sold around 35-4K

So unless we decided to spec out and purchase 5000-7000 rifles, i doubt we will ever see a spec gun like this, for so little money again.

This is a speculative example, but certainly not a 'secret' in how procurement arrangements allow for 'blem' or even 1st quality. The Blems, are 1st quality (more likely) but had to be called a blem in order for Colt to write them off at a loss....
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    None of these were made for the civilian market. They were made for the Danish military. They became a surplus over run and CC decided to sell them to the Canadian public.

It wasn't production so it wasn't discontinued. It was limited extra stock.

These Danish IUR are pretty much sold out. The MRR rifles are around the corner.
    Last edited by fenceline; 02-26-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12