Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All-ATRS Modern Rifle Family Collection

Cool All-ATRS Modern Rifle Family Collection

My ideal collection would be: MV with 223 and 6.8 upper and a MH with 243 and 308 upper (if I could get the weight below 9 lbs with optic). Could live without the 6.8 if I had the MH in that weight range. A Modern Magnum in 300 Win Mag or 338 Win Mag might be fun for a big/dangerous game rifle. I'm not a fan of recoil, my 7 mm Rem mag is the upper end of my comfort range so if I needed something bigger I'd definitely look at a Modern Magnum. At the moment, I have a MV on order that's going to be a lightweight, long-range coyote and gopher gun. If they come out with a 6.8 caliber conversion upper I'll buy it.

How about everyone else, if you had to replace all of your rifles with the ATRS modern rifle collection for hunting, plinking, shooting sports or whatever you do with your rifles what would you want? Don't forget about the plans for the future Modern Magnum and tell us what you'd buy now based on what they're offering and what your wish list would be...

Posted the question originally in the MV thread, but thought this might be a good new thread.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post12376598
    Last edited by 700-223; 02-29-2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added link

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    I'd take a Modern Varminter in .223 and a Modern Hunter with uppers in 6.5 Creedmore, .308 Win and .338 Federal. I don't think a Modern Magnum is on my radar.

I'd go with a modern varminter with 20 inch 1:7.7 barrel. The modern magnum would be in 338 Lapua. To go with my hunter in 7mm08
    Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Vires et honestas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ RTKBA
    I have too many guns, what a nice problem to have...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I have a MH in .260 on the way, and someday I'd like a .338 Fed upper for it. I'm really intrigued by that cartridge.

My next precision bolt gun will be a long barrelled right bolt left port single shot by ATRS. Not sure what caliber.....

I fear the modern magnum will be too heavy to be terribly useful, but man would I jump if it came in around 8lbs.....

-J.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    I have a MH in .260 on the way, and someday I'd like a .338 Fed upper for it. I'm really intrigued by that cartridge.

My next precision bolt gun will be a long barrelled right bolt left port single shot by ATRS. Not sure what caliber.....

I fear the modern magnum will be too heavy to be terribly useful, but man would I jump if it came in around 8lbs.....

-J.
    For sure. Actually, even a sub 9 or 9.5 lb modern magnum would be ok for me depending on caliber. Have shot a 338 win mag that was probably 9 or 9.5 with scope and I sure wouldn't want it any lighter. Only put about 4 lbs through offhand and that was enough. Didn't get me flinching, but not exactly an enjoyable gun to shoot, imagine other positions would be worse. Semi-auto to lengthen the recoil impulse might be nice actually, especially for long range shooting. Also, with a lightweight, low magnification scope for big/dangerous game in close quarters might be an option, once you were sure of reliability. 300 or 338 win mag would be my pick for a modern magnum, 338 fed in the MH intrigues me too, but since I don't handload yet...

Actually, 223/243/338 would be a nice option too, or even 223/308/338, 243/338 for the absolute minimalist. Hmm...

.338win mag would be great.
    I won't replace my other rifles until they make left-hand models with left-ejection.
    Left-hand ejection would set them apart from the competitors if ATRS was interested to export massively.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I am unfortunatly along for the ride for what ever ATRS comes up with that will have the matched serial to my MH. I am committed lol.

I would hope the MM would be available in .338LM. That would put it in competition with the Alexander Arms Ulfberht, and twice as cool with the custom serial.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I think the only thing that is unfortunate in your scenario is your bank account.....!!! One hell of a collection!!!

I bet a .338LM semi would be 10k, yes/no??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    I think the only thing that is unfortunate in your scenario is your bank account.....!!! One hell of a collection!!!

I bet a .338LM semi would be 10k, yes/no??
    I hope not. The MH and MV are my 2 most expensive toys and I don't know I can go much higher.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I hear ya. I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the MH, but I got my order in for a MV within a couple hours of them being for sale lol. When funds allow I will certainly be adding a .308 MH to my collection.

My MV is my most expensive toy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I hope not. The MH and MV are my 2 most expensive toys and I don't know I can go much higher.
    |CCFR|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast