Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Gun at Tradex

Have yet to have an issue with them. Goods have been shipped either same day or next day. If it bothers you that much you could ask why the delay?
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bniz View Post
    That is what anyone that orders online these days expect. But it has to happen 100% of the time. Not 99.9% which is not good enough.
    Actually that is pretty good. Unless they get condescending when you inquire, it's a non issue. Grow up.

That is what anyone that orders online these days expect. But it has to happen 100% of the time. Not 99.9% which is not good enough.
    Did you join just to whine?

Being an 'X' internet sporting goods dealer I understand the OP frustration. I have had staff call in sick when I had a good sale going and was overwhelmed by orders only to run out of the item, phone for 'fastest delivery' for restock at my expense only to have my supplier short also. Now I have 75 orders waiting, short staffed and new orders coming in. No time to check internet for questions but a phone call is quick and I can say 99.99% of people are 100% understanding. Now as stating I understand the OP's frustration, we understand not everyone is rich and many work very hard for their extra spending cash where sporting goods usually fall last place to spend when raising a family. Worrying about a deal made on the internet when it is your first deal with them and all the scams going on today I even wondered if I had fallen prey to a website high-jack and just gave my cash away. Always, call first, talk to the dealer, make your deal on the phone with a promise to get the internet transaction done immediately to pay for it or pay on the phone, whatever, and you will get a reference number immediately. Then relax and sit back. The dealer wants the transaction done as fast as possible and out the door faster than you do.

Ordering what and from where?

You're ordering firearms from relatively small companies. You're not ordering groceries from Amazon. Maybe you're new to this business, in which case I understand your frustration but waiting a couple of days for your rifle to get shipped is not a big deal.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Done lots of business with Tradex, no issues at all. Although I admit I've never paid much attention to when a shipping label gets produced, the goods always arrive promptly.

I can't imagine getting all flustered enough to start a thread about waiting THREE WHOLE BUSINESS DAYS for a rifle to get shipped.

Is this what this site has come to? Whining about a business taking a few days to ship? So weak.
    I agree with Gates on this, 3 business days is not a long time to wait for something to ship!

sounds like the OP wants tradex to work on the weekends, just to satisfy his "instant gratification" needs - next time go to a shop and buy your stuff there if you don't have any patience!
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - and proud to be Canadian!

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_13 View Post
    Being an 'X' internet sporting goods dealer I understand the OP frustration. I have had staff call in sick when I had a good sale going and was overwhelmed by orders only to run out of the item, phone for 'fastest delivery' for restock at my expense only to have my supplier short also. Now I have 75 orders waiting, short staffed and new orders coming in. No time to check internet for questions but a phone call is quick and I can say 99.99% of people are 100% understanding. Now as stating I understand the OP's frustration, we understand not everyone is rich and many work very hard for their extra spending cash where sporting goods usually fall last place to spend when raising a family. Worrying about a deal made on the internet when it is your first deal with them and all the scams going on today I even wondered if I had fallen prey to a website high-jack and just gave my cash away. Always, call first, talk to the dealer, make your deal on the phone with a promise to get the internet transaction done immediately to pay for it or pay on the phone, whatever, and you will get a reference number immediately. Then relax and sit back. The dealer wants the transaction done as fast as possible and out the door faster than you do.
    I thought that was well put. I used to work in retail so I can see both points of view. People have become too reliant on today's technological conveniences and expect instant gratification. People seem to have forgotten how to verbally communicate. If not happy make a phone call. Business that sell products online can receive hundreds of emails from customers asking questions. Quite honestly this task can become overwhelming. It gets to the point where you can't answer them all, or a few will get missed. Some will say hire more people. Although it would seem like a logical statement the opposite is quite often true. Hiring & training people takes time and $. If you are having a once yearly or quarterly sale then taking the time to hire & train someone doesn't make financial sense. Sometimes you can be overwhelmed at the number of orders placed for an item. Although you had anticipated X amount of orders for them item, X can become XXXXXXXXXX....oh oh you is in trouble. Some retailers are better than others at communicating issues. If you buy an item(s) and your not happy about something with said order then pick up the phone! Verbal communication is becoming a lost art. A bit off topic but a case an point: My daughter was texting one of her friends the other day. Out of curiosity I asked whom she was etalking (as I call it) with. She said Sam. I replied quizzically "Uhmm she's stood right next to you!" She said I know. I replied "you can't just talk to her" She said "we wouldn't know what to say".....
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

Ibtl! LOL join the EE for some long wait times for shipping!
    Last edited by hollowedpoint; 03-02-2016 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Just a joke fellas!

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedpoint View Post
    Ibtl! LOL join the EE for some long wait times for shipping!
    Hey wait a minute. EE RANT DAY is not today according to my calendar.

In regard to the issue just call tradex and see where things are. They seem to have a good reputation and seem to have good service.
    Real men use peep sights

Good people to deal with
    a 50 year old man who sees the world the same as when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of is life

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast