Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Made Frankonia Mauser 8x57mm Classic

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

German Made Frankonia Mauser 8x57mm Classic

We were able to secure the last 6 of these rifles that the importer had brought into Canada. These rifles are very very made. Shipped with target and Bob Allen Signature Series Gun Case.

Actually I believe the action is made by BRNO and they use a Lothar Walther barrel on these. So it's not 'made' in Germany but up to Frankonia's specs.
    Heck - Different caliber (308) and I'd be contemplating to get one myself!

If only we could find a supplier with affordable 8x57 round that hasn't gone up 30% over the past year (and still going up) it would be great.

They are freaking beautiful rifles. Those photos do not do the rifles justice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    what kind of scope mounts does it take?
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

I just got mine in the mail, these things are awsome! Full military receiver, even with stripper clip guide, wing safety and thumb cut-out, set in a beautiful stock, with a short hunting barrel. The Iron sight inserts and the butt plate are the only plastic things I could notice.

8x57JS is really a reloader's caliber in North America to get the best value.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    what kind of scope mounts does it take?
    Look like any 98 Mauser mounts would work

Yeah you'd need a fairly high scope if you wanted the safety to still function, but that combined with the stock's angle, is quite uncomfortable in my opinion. The stock works well with the iron sights though. But the iron sights are bulky. Be nice if the stock was more of an American style comb.

Have been shooting my Frankonia Mauser for about a year - took my deer with it last year! Absolutely awesome rifle! Was very impressed with the blueing, stock fit, and the Timney trigger it came with was a nice bonus!

Frankonia lists the same rifle in .30-06 and 7x64 on their website - any chance of one of those coming in at some point?

Handload dude!! Domestic 8x57 is loaded piss-weak for the Gew88's. If you dont wanna pay for PRVI, handloading is the only way to unleash the full potential of one of the best cartridges ever developed. Full power 198gr loads seem to be the most accurate IMHO.

QUOTE=Victory 1945;12381311]If only we could find a supplier with affordable 8x57 round that hasn't gone up 30% over the past year (and still going up) it would be great.[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast