Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: importing scopes from the USA for dummies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    They'll red flag it if you pay with a CDN credit card, and they sometimes recognize the address to ship to as a "freight forwarding" address....
    Option: International money order via your bank to thier bank.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

BANNED
    Order....pay....receive...mount....dial....shoot.. ....what are you waiting for? I never had a problem brining in any optics out of the USA in my entire life......and why would I go thru a company and pay a 50$ import fee per item? Alot of places will ship directly to canada with no issues IT'S JUST A SCOPE!
    Last edited by icelink; 03-02-2016 at 08:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Wasn't night vision.... Was just a regular old scope

Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    To optics planet?? When I tried with them, to have it shipped to a Montana address, they flagged my CC and refused the sale of the scope. They sent me messages like I was an international criminal for daring to try.
    I'm not talking about trying to sneak it by them as shipping to me with my Canadian card in Montana. I was thinking of being up front and telling them what I was planning to do and letting them decide if they will do that or not. I don't see why they wouldn't since from their end they would be shipping to someone who will do the paperwork. I'm sure they won't make it that easy but I was just looking to see if anybody had any experience with this and them. They've got a nice price for the Sightron I'm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Order....pay....receive...mount....dial....shoot.. ....what are you waiting for? I never had a problem brining in any optics out of the USA in my entire life......and why would I go thru a company and pay a 50$ import fee per item? Alot of places will ship directly to canada with no issues IT'S JUST A SCOPE!
    you'd be bragging about breaking the law making a statement like that, canadian law doesn't care, but get caught stateside and it's a whole different story
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cjh030 View Post
    I'm not talking about trying to sneak it by them as shipping to me with my Canadian card in Montana. I was thinking of being up front and telling them what I was planning to do and letting them decide if they will do that or not. I don't see why they wouldn't since from their end they would be shipping to someone who will do the paperwork. I'm sure they won't make it that easy but I was just looking to see if anybody had any experience with this and them. They've got a nice price for the Sightron I'm
    Always be honest....declare everything......Canada customs does not care.......you will not be dealing with American customs (wouldn't be a problem if you were anyways ) at all when mailing a scope to canada dollar is pushing .75 today ORDER NOW!
    Last edited by icelink; 03-02-2016 at 09:25 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    you'd be bragging about breaking the law making a statement like that, canadian law doesn't care, but get caught stateside and it's a whole different story
    Yes, exactly.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    then why when i order optics from big box stores in the USA and they have no problem accepting my order at their BC location? it takes a month or 2 but well worth the wait even with exchange.....so how is it breaking the law when websites in america clearly state they WILL SHIP INTERNATIONALLY ? I actually call them to confirm and they state there has never been a problem shipping to canada and these stores have been is the business since the internet was invented! invoice clearly states and before check out that import fees for international orders will apply...these companies deal with all that sort of thing at their end all the time
    Last edited by icelink; 03-02-2016 at 09:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    then why when i order optics from big box stores in the USA and they have no problem accepting my order at their BC location? it takes a month or 2 but well worth the wait even with exchange.....so how is it breaking the law when websites in america clearly state they WILL SHIP INTERNATIONALLY ? I actually call them to confirm and they state there has never been a problem shipping to canada and these stores have been is the business since the internet was invented! invoice clearly states and before check out that import fees for international orders will apply...these companies deal with all that sort of thing at their end all the time
    most retailers in the states are not willing to do the paperwork for you, obviously the retailers that your ordering from are
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

Big Box Stores shipping SCOPES to Canada with no issue.... I think NOT. It's ILLEGAL. Read this (a Big Box Store - Cabelas).... http://www.wttlonline.com/ht/a/GetDo...Action/i/34026

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast