Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: importing scopes from the USA for dummies

I have ordered from scopelist dot com and they were extremely helpful in terms of the required paperwork to export from USA for delivery to Canada. Was a fantastic deal and smooth transaction.

Here is an email I received from optics planet in response to asking if I could do this.

"Greetings from OpticsPlanet

#

Thank you for contacting us! You can place the order online and list the FFL address for shipping, however, you will need to list in the “Comments and Notes” section of the order that the item is being exported to your country. We will have to make sure the order can be shipped to you with the intentions of export.

#

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know."

So I guess they are willing to do it. Now I just have to find out if the scope can be shipped and try to talk myself into spending the money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Please let us know if you do!!

I never knew it was illegal to bring scopes across the border.. i have brought a couple back and duty had nothing to say about it.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    I never knew it was illegal to bring scopes across the border.. i have brought a couple back and duty had nothing to say about it.
    Not illegal on Canadian side, so, unless you stopped at US customs, or were stopped by them, you wouldn't know.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

BANNED
    I had to do the dance of the 7 vails (Import cert from Canada plus official forms ) to satisfy the U.S. Commerce dept & Brownells to purchase a Weaver scope recently..

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    Canadian Customs at the border have no issue with it, neither do the US Customs guys - it's the US State Department that could make life really, really awkward for you if you're caught. And they set up checks at border posts from time to time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Canadian Customs at the border have no issue with it, neither do the US Customs guys - it's the US State Department that could make life really, really awkward for you if you're caught. And they set up checks at border posts from time to time.
    Usually via thier own Homeland Security employees.

Knew a dual citizen (Canadian-American) whom was well within the law working at Anahiem, California (Disneyland) as a singer.

She was once stopped early Post-911 at the border and they (HS) stopped her. They did not believe she was working there part of the year. She lost that job.
    Canadian government runs on trans, ###s and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    That's my understanding as well even the U.S. sellers need paper to protect them from the State dept.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I've heard of them doing it just south of north portal, especially during hunting season.

In 50+ runs through regway on way to Plentywood I've not ever seen a check on the US side.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast