Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: importing scopes from the USA for dummies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    got my scope today........couldn't be happier

like I said, fast and painless
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

All I'm going to say is be aware of the manufacture's warranty policies before deciding it's cheaper to import (in the cases where that optic is available here in Canada) For example, any Leupold imported outside of Korth carries no Canadian warranty. There are others as well, so be aware and decide knowing the whole picture.
    Member: CSSA, BCWF, ADFGA

330 Dakota - "If your dead, you dont know your dead, it only hurts the people around you,,kinda like when your stupid,,,AND VOTED LIBERAL"

some scopes bought in the states that are offered in canada are still covered by warranty, instead of sending them back to the canadian distributor you simply fill out the paperwork yourself and send the scope to the USA for warranty, of the majors that is actually how it is for sightron
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    some scopes bought in the states that are offered in canada are still covered by warranty, instead of sending them back to the canadian distributor you simply fill out the paperwork yourself and send the scope to the USA for warranty, of the majors that is actually how it is for sightron
    It won't be an issue with the scope you imported as they go to the USA factory for warranty anyway.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar

Why is everyone so sceptical..... In 40 years, I have never needed ANY warranty service on any scope - and I have over 40 rifles with scopes on....If someone else wants to import scope from the USA or anywhere else for that matter, let them be. It's just rude to make stupid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    It won't be an issue with the scope you imported as they go to the USA factory for warranty anyway.
    Thats true, but I double checked with sightron and there is no issue on warranty for scopes brought in from the USA. Of all the scopes I have witnessed needing warranty repair work nothing above the tasco/bushnell/vortex have ever required a visit.......you get what you pay for

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345