Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: So let me tell ya about marstar...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but personally sites or programs (like iTunes for example) that want me to use 13 characters, 3 uppercase, 4 lowercase, a special symbol, no consecutive numbers and not any words found in a dictionary annoy me. If I chose my password to be "a" and my account gets hacked, isn't that MY fault? I'm so tired of catering to the morons: "Well this goofball chose "a" as a password, got hacked, and is now blaming us... I guess we'll make unrealistic password credentials instead of trying to get people to take responsibility for their own actions"

Again... just my opinion (which if you ask the wife, isn't worth much )
    I agree X 1000

I have over 80 various accounts and logins for a multitude of websites and services at work. At least a dozen of them force you to change your password every 2 to 12 weeks. There's a dozen different formats required for them. It's hell.

It's no wonder people keep all their passwords in a note book on their desk. Companies have made things so secure, that they've become less secure due to the "limitations of the human interface".
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Marstar is a great outfit and we should all be thanking John for what he has done for the rights of gun owners in Canada. It is guys like him who have kept us from all arguing what the best airsoft gun is.

I couldn't agree more joebanana. I have never had a bad experience with them and never had to buy an airsoft gun.

It is absolutely your fault if your password gets hacked because you choose a stupid password. However, from a business standpoint, having weak passwords is a bad practice because it can be used to exploit your site. It would also make it easier to figure out your password hashing methodology and gain access to other accounts potentially. It's just poor system administration. Though, I'm fairly sure the Marstar site is not hashing passwords. It's a ####ty site, and if you want to keep your information on it that's your decision, but you're just asking for it to be stolen.

Now, as a user, if don't like remembering your passwords get something called LastPass. It's like $12/year and it manages all your passwords. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by alkali_feldspar View Post
    As for how your site makes me weary... I've outlined those. But mostly your password handling is sketchy as frig. Like I said, I set mine to the letter 'a'. 1 letter passwords shouldn't be allowed! Ever! I don't want to try any cross site scripting or SQL injection on your site because it's illegal, without permission, and more importantly puts your data at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but personally sites or programs (like iTunes for example) that want me to use 13 characters, 3 uppercase, 4 lowercase, a special symbol, no consecutive numbers and not any words found in a dictionary annoy me. If I chose my password to be "a" and my account gets hacked, isn't that MY fault? I'm so tired of catering to the morons: "Well this goofball chose "a" as a password, got hacked, and is now blaming us... I guess we'll make unrealistic password credentials instead of trying to get people to take responsibility for their own actions"

Again... just my opinion (which if you ask the wife, isn't worth much )
    I just remembered another option for you... You can always "go retro" and print out their Order Form (conveniently found Here) and fill in required info and either e-mail, fax, or post it back to them. Also, in my experience when I needed specific parts, I phoned and a very nice gentleman took my info over the phone and shipped the product. No need to be scared, order away!
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by alkali_feldspar View Post
    If you're looking for a new site, take a look at Wordpress with WooCommerce. You can get shipping plugins for all the major shippers, as well as define your own rate scheme for the ones you can't integrate to.

As for how your site makes me weary... I've outlined those. But mostly your password handling is sketchy as frig. Like I said, I set mine to the letter 'a'. 1 letter passwords shouldn't be allowed! Ever! I don't want to try any cross site scripting or SQL injection on your site because it's illegal, without permission, and more importantly puts your data at risk.
    We are on line with all major carriers that we use.... How will this resolve the numerous questions ??

Lets say for example you order a handgun, some ammunition and accessories, how will these plug ins decide on the lowest shipping cost, which carrier can carry your order legally ?

How will they decide on which carrier can transport which goods to a given area ??

In this example, the ammunition can go UPS (if they serve your area) or Canpar.... Always keepin in mind that one must avoid a "hand off" situation which could be illegal....

Your handgun could go Canada Post or UPS depending on cost, of course the buyer may specify a different course depending on his/her needs....

Your accessories could go CP, UPS, Canpar or maybe combined with any of the other items as long as they are allowed....

We would also require that the software,in addition to the above, regulate our foreign shipments, bearing mind at all times what can or cannot go to a given country
    even the US has some strange rules which must followed to the letter if one is to avoid issues.

I don't know of any software that would do this, obviously you do, We will gladly hire you or your company to resolve this issue, we could all but eliminate one person's position (shipping coordinator)

Looking forward to your input,
    john

I was anxious about ordering a pistol from them so I called and spoke to a rep and the conversation went so well I concluded the sale on the phone and I just am so pleased with my purchase, a reproduction Colt SAA in .357.

Then I needed an extractor for a 1935 FN Hi-Power and they found me 2 of them AND located 2 magazines for the pistol.

A+++ for MARSTAR in my books.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011