Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Alpharms 15SA Initial findings.

BANNED
    I took mine out again yesterday after having the mags sit loaded for a couple days and it still wouldn't feed 2 3/4 shells .
    So I bought a box of Federal 3 inch No 3 steel Waterfowl load and it ran better today but still had 5 FTF out of different mags for the 25 rounds.
    Last edited by chalkriver; 03-19-2016 at 04:19 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    I took mine out again yesterday after having the mags sit loaded for a couple days and it still wouldn't feed 2 3/4 shells .
    So I bought a box of Federal 3 inch No 2 and it ran better today but still had 5 FTF out of different mags for the 25 rounds.
    Try widen mag lips

So after Wednesdays poor performance, I took the gun apart today and cleaned it up.

400 and 600 grit wet paper on all the sharp edges and cleaned off the horrible turkey grease.

The gun runs A1 awesome, over 100 rounds down the pipe. No Jams, No FTF no FTE. All 100 %, this included, 50 mixed target loads, HI velocity steel duck loads, 10 slugs and 10 buck shot. I'm very happy now.

What I paid close attention to was the mag lips, they need to be smooth and I polished the plastic mag followers. Next I did take care of the sharp edges on the lower mag well and made sure the inside was buffed up to 600grit. My mags are now drop free.... yes even the aftermarket one that is a bit fatter. No issues.

I did remove the factory stock and added a cheaper commercial AR stock, just so I can get my length of pull down and not have that sticky rubber pad grab on my jacket each time you sholder it. I'm now very happy with the set up and it works for me. The only issue I have is the knuckle for the folding stock is 2mm from my nose when I was rapid firing on the short stock setting.......but I can work with this.

Things to watch out for........learn from me.

When the gun in apart, don't slam the mag in the lower with out the upper attached..... or you will loose the bolt release hold back assy, it will pop straight up and out and the little spring that keeps tension will go flying. I did this twice.... I got all the parts set back in. On Gen 3 it would be nice if the factory finds a solution to keep this secure.. like molding in the parts like what Omni AR recievers do... So this is my only real beef of the day.

But over all I happy I worked on the gun and smoothed things out. I recommend everyone do this and you will find a vast improvement where you can trust it 100 times in a row.

Next adventure, its ready for the work outing, as co -workers are asking to try it out... it should work great.
    The right, always trumph!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dingus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here is my take on the stiff mags, I have 2 that you have to wrestle out and 3 that almost fall out. Here is the dimension across the top, from just under the little plastic wedge that sticks out, first a tight fitting mag:

Next up is one of the looser fitting ones:

The sizes (in mm) are:

Tight 75.72, 75.89
    Loose 75.19, 75.25, 75.32

I think all that is needed is a bit of filing of the side of the mag with the ridge on it. The larger dimension continues on for the rest of the mag BTW. I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time), but others could easily check this out.

Yep your right on the money I had one bigger mag and with a bench top belt sander and file got it fitted nice in no time. you can do it all with a fine file to.
    Now they both drop right out when i hit the mag release.
    NICE ANTIQUE (no licence to own )450 TRANTER HANDGUN FOR sold it Shoots Factory 455 ammo.

BANNED
    Lightly tapping the raised ridge on the side of the mag with a hammer works too.

CGN Regular
    John, great looking gun, cycles with heavy loads ie slugs, not trap loads ,stock right length for all, mag spring too stiff, having fun with it, would buy more