Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL Hurdles

I reeled in my drinking to just a few here and there. My brothers' been abusing it and gone down the tubes. bumming around doing nothing. He isnt some crazy ass biker on the run. He got 60days weekends for hanging around with some dingalings who suffer from a bad case of the dumb.

Thanks for the advice. I was almost going to cancel the test because I didnt want to waste 300$. You all make valid points. I didnt think it would explode like that. sry.

No need to be sorry. Worry about yourself as far as hunting and safety goes, and follow what your heart wants. Good Luck.

CGN Regular
    I'm not sure if it's possible, but I wonder if you could contact the good people out in Miramichi and have a background check run before doing the course?

I think you'll be fine. I had more than a couple encounters with the police prior to getting my pal and it was not an issue. My idiot sister was married to a neo-nazi who has been in and out of jail several times for pretty serious stuff. Also not an issue for me getting my PAL (though I haven't talked to her in over a decade).

However my younger brother is trying to join the EPS and the outlaw inlaws have been a bit of a roadblock.

$300 for the course? My wife was annoyed that hers is going to cost $80.

You should be fine although when i applied they did ask me if i was related to two people with the same last name who i had never heard of.

best advice answer the questions exactly as they are asked do not volunteer info that is not requested but always answer what is asked truthfully and politely.

They won't care as long as you weren't criminally charged with anything. The application doesn't ask if a cop has ever told you off it, asks if you've been charged with any offenses.
    I've had a few nights like yours where the police may have had some choice words for me and it didn't make a difference in getting a PAL.

you should be ok. i know my wifes 2 brothers aren't allowed to have firearms from some criminal stuff they have done. and it didn't stop her from getting her rpal at all.

Update: Passed my written and practical 100%. Part of the application asks if youve ever been 'reported' to the police. I have a report on me from that party night. Hope the complainee didnt ham it up too bad. Anyways my instructor said that it souldnt matter but def. check the yes box to avoid problems.

I get my copies of proof of test+course back in two weeks and will be submitting my request for a pal. fingers crossed.

BANNED
    pretty sure it says reported to the police for VIOLENCE. Violence being the key word here.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s1gn4l View Post
    Update: Passed my written and practical 100%. Part of the application asks if youve ever been 'reported' to the police. I have a report on me from that party night. Hope the complainee didnt ham it up too bad. Anyways my instructor said that it souldnt matter but def. check the yes box to avoid problems.
    I get my copies of proof of test+course back in two weeks and will be submitting my request for a pal. fingers crossed.
    As mentioned previously "read the questions on the application carefully.."
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast