Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10mm Takedown Carbines!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I'm a major 10mm fan bought my first Colt Delta Elite 10mm back in the spring of 1988

I've had a Kimber 10mm handgun up for sale on the EE for the last few weeks so I could buy one of these little rifles.

I have to say I am disappointed that they only come in black when they are available from the factory in other colours but I know one day I will have to have one of these.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Looks real sharp. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    GAH!!!! I wish the tax return was better this year!! I want that so bad!!!

No give away contests, eh? ;-P

Anyone got a link to 10mm ballistics out of a longer barrel?
    Over 1500FPS with a 180 grain factory, these tests are with a 16" barrel, we have a 18.75" so velocities should be higher. If you handload, you can do a lot better!

High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

I've been shooting an 18" barreled T/C Contender carbine in 10mm for years.

My top 10mm IMR800X Nosler 135gr HP loads do 2050fps in my 18" barrel.

My 200gr loads do 1405fps.
    Last edited by Camp Cook; 03-12-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    The longer barrel doesnt give a ton more fps to the 10mm...

My Thueron Defense with factoy ammo UMC 180 gr 10mm rated at 1150 fps out of a pistol was clocking just north of 1300 fps over my Oelher P35... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    The longer barrel doesnt give a ton more fps to the 10mm...

My Thueron Defense with factoy ammo UMC 180 gr 10mm rated at 1150 fps out of a pistol was clocking just north of 1300 fps over my Oelher P35... JP.
    That is not my finding. Maybe to my lowest difference but I've done extensive chrony work with my Glock 20 and my Thureon and some hot rounds are 500fps faster in the carbine. Depends on some factors. Some of my chrony data can be found here in this post but reloads proved to be the biggest difference...

Last edited by cbabes; 03-12-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

Check out this article, over 3000 FPS in a 10mm ASR.....

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...urvival-rifle/

Ya, i know its a light grain bullet, but 3000 fps!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Check out the sticky on Glock Talk 10mm Reloading forum it has my data in it.

It has my identical loads shot out of 3 different barrel lengths.

To me a gain of 250fps - 300fps isn't anything to sneeze at...
    <")))><

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    That is not my finding. Maybe to my lowest difference but I've done extensive chrony work with my Glock 35 and my Thureon and some hot rounds are 500fps faster in the carbine. Depends on some factors. Some of my chrony data can be found here in this post but reloads proved to be the biggest difference...

This is good, since i did not have a 10mm pistol at the time ( i now have a brand new G20 to try soon), i had to take the value on the ammo box, i will make more testing when summer come... Thanks. JP.

Those 10 mm carbine energy levels seems to be twice the amount of what my 45 acp carbine can achieve.