Thread: M1 Garand Receivers, Some very unique ones....

Contributing Dealer aacollectible's Avatar

M1 Garand Receivers, Some very unique ones....

Some very unique M1 Garand Receivers made by Breda now available. Single digit serial number, 2 digit serial numbers, consecutive 2 digit serial numbers etc now available here:

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/85

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Wow - would be fun to have some of those! Also remembered I needed some things from you

Wow can't believe how many there are.

More parts coming…?
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

How difficult is it to piece together a complete m1 garand? The receivers look like great prices.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Cool.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by KRASHED View Post
    How difficult is it to piece together a complete m1 garand? The receivers look like great prices.
    The components can get expensive quite quickly. The EE often has sellers listing various parts. The assembly of the rifle is quite simple actually. Specific armourers tools are helpful when indexing a barrel, but it can be done with other tools. If our dollar was priced better, we could get parts kits to assemble our own much more cost effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by samsplacci71 View Post
    The components can get expensive quite quickly. The EE often has sellers listing various parts. The assembly of the rifle is quite simple actually. Specific armourers tools are helpful when indexing a barrel, but it can be done with other tools. If our dollar was priced better, we could get parts kits to assemble our own much more cost effectively.
    Even when the dollar was good, no one was bringing in parts kits. No idea why.
    CSSA | CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    Even when the dollar was good, no one was bringing in parts kits. No idea why.
    Yeah agreed, especially since I believe the Garand holds a C&R (Curio & Relic) status in the USA, so I would think that would translate to less restrictions, possibly for export purposes? I could be wrong though, it's just a guess. And I know they are getting antiquey in age, but the US churned out tons of parts for these (not to mention Beretta and Breda in Italy too), so I am somewhat baffled by their apparent scarcity here.
    The little bits you can find all over if you look, but it's the bigger critical parts I'd like to see in a kit, like op rods, etc. Heck at this point I'd settle for repro M1 op rods if anyone made them.

I paid $175 for my complete minty Beretta Garand.........22 years ago. Specialty Guns had a rack full of them back then. Hindsight being 20/20 I should of bought them all