Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATN X Sight II

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotaxpower View Post
    In case you weren't sure this is what I was referring too,

We are well aware what they are but thank you for the visual prompt. We are not sure if we will be getting the complete setups or just the replacement battery cover and possibly the stock case and allow user to pick up their own battery packs from the local best buy or walmart, they are just USB battery packs that are commonly available right now. I personally would have a longer cable as well, so if sitting outside in a calling blind, you could keep the battery inside your coat and keep it warm, maximizing battery life.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

What is different about the x2 compared to the x1?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    What is different about the x2 compared to the x1?
    If you check out the ATN site there should be a comparison. Weight is one for sure, the magnification range has changed somewhat and a few other software features.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Any new reticles etc will have to come from the ATN website.
    Hmmmm. You can download new reticles?
    Anyone modding them yet? Consumer created reticles?
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Hey guys, I know why you are excited about thIs however ATN has not been the greatest manufacturer in the past. They frequently over promise and under deliver.
    It was supposed to ship in the USA in the first week of March and they still have no ETA for existing orders. The scope has a long list of features, most that will be available in a future firmware release. People that bought the first gen x-sight waited forever for a firmware update to fix glaring issues.

Companies like armasight or flir release better products. They are more expensive but you get what you pay for. I don't want to crap on ATN specifically, just warn others that you will likely be buying a test product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    Hey guys, I know why you are excited about thIs however ATN has not been the greatest manufacturer in the past. They frequently over promise and under deliver.
    It was supposed to ship in the USA in the first week of March and they still have no ETA for existing orders. The scope has a long list of features, most that will be available in a future firmware release. People that bought the first gen x-sight waited forever for a firmware update to fix glaring issues.

Companies like armasight or flir release better products. They are more expensive but you get what you pay for. I don't want to crap on ATN specifically, just warn others that you will likely be buying a test product.
    Owned my x-sight for almost a year and nothing but good things, what broken promises or features are you talking about? Sight is awesome.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    We are well aware what they are but thank you for the visual prompt. We are not sure if we will be getting the complete setups or just the replacement battery cover and possibly the stock case and allow user to pick up their own battery packs from the local best buy or walmart, they are just USB battery packs that are commonly available right now. I personally would have a longer cable as well, so if sitting outside in a calling blind, you could keep the battery inside your coat and keep it warm, maximizing battery life.
    Yes I completely know that but the nice thing about this kit is the weather resistant cap for the USB cable that plugs into the sight. Can you get the cable/cap assembly separately?
    ( . Y . ) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post

They brought out regular firmware updates when the sights first released and there are more firmware updates coming. I would rather them hold back delivery if they had found an issue that to release it and have problems. The X-sights have been a good product with many happy customers....pray tell what flir firearms mounted sight are you going to get? Flir does thermal...thermal firearms mounted optics not available to civilian sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotaxpower View Post
    Yes I completely know that but the nice thing about this kit is the weather resistant cap for the USB cable that plugs into the sight. Can you get the cable/cap assembly separately?
    We are hoping that the cap will be available separately..

With ATN bringing out the Gen II less than a year after launching the Gen I, it is understandable that the early adopters are nervous about future support and compatibility issues. I was literally on the verge of ordering up a Gen 1 when I became aware of the Gen II release, so I decided to wait. I would have been quite irate had I ordered the Gen 1 and then found out soon after that the Gen II was being released. Who wouldn't? I reckon all we can do is watch and shoot to see if ATN continues to support the Gen I with firmware updates. If so, then that bodes well for future updates to the Gen II as well. If not, well then the writing is on the wall for all ATN purchasers vis-à-vis future support. By all accounts, ATN's support of their Gen I X-Sight has been excellent to date, so there is no real reason to suspect that Gen 1 purchasers will be thrown to the wolves with the release of the Gen II device. Most of the Gen II upgrades (aside from the improved focus-knob) are software/firmware based and should therefore be compatible with both generations of sight. Only time will tell..

In the interim, it would be great to hear from more Canadian users how they find the Gen I sight. Wolverine's review kind of ends abruptly on the indoor range. What about outdoors evening performance? Any tips or tricks (like how to mount external batteries on the rifle or sight) would be particularly appreciated. Some U.S. users have found that they can increase their image quality by mounting a scope cover over the objective lense and opening up a 1/2" hole in the centre of the cover. Don't ask me how or why that technique works, but it apparently does according to some of the reviews I've watched on line. Anyhow, it would be great to hear how Canadian users are liking their X-Sights and how they are using them given that midnight helicopter pig hunts haven't really caught on up here yet!

Thanks in advance for any insights that Canadian users can provide regarding their X-Sights.

Best Regards,

Bartok5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast