Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 28-29 May 2016 - Debrief Here!

Business Member
    After Taste ? I thought you were referring to Prime Rib and/or Steak at Danny's Steak House in Petawawa! LOL

Cheers,
    Barney

OK Barney!

The Closet Commandos are now a team of four and ready to bust a few caps this weekend!

Woo-Ho!!!

Trying a new rifle platform this year so that should be a worth a few laughs.

Figured out how to shoot better with my pistol (pull the trigger) so that should be worth a few face shoots points!!!

Be careful of the "General" and "Yoda", those two think they are regular snipers now! LMAO!!!

Business Member
    Only a few more days....

I have spaces still available!

Better yet, I have more of the AR Bolt Face stickers from last years' initiative for Mental Health Initiative. Here's how it goes for you newer CQB shooters:

I give you a bolt face sticker, then you mount it on your "place of honour", No COST, nothing, nada; just donate time or effort or money to ANY mental health agency of YOUR choice.

It's that simple!

Talk to you all soon! For the rest of you, we will see you in the parking lot across from the Base Petawawa Fire Hall. You will see all our vehicles there!

Barney

I'll be checking in Friday around 7 or so, should be settled in around 8, anyone interested in grabbing a bite to eat or some beers let me know.

Business Member
    Well judging by the forecast for Petawawa (tonight at 21:30 while Raptors are down by 22 points), it's calling for 70% chance of precipitation! Service Conditions weather! We kinda like that!

Sounds like a repeat of last year's spring CQB clinic! Several of you brought "event tents" for some rain protection! By all means, bring them along! Bring rain gear and foul weather gear!

Hey we even shoot this match in snowing conditions:

So, you have a couple of days to get your gear sorted out. Dress accordingly! ha ha ha

Cheers,
    Barney

I have secured a 10 X 10 heavy duty event tent. I will be renting space out underneath it. Pricing will vary depending on levels of precipitation. Last years somewhat rainy CQB was even more fun! Way cooler having steam rise off the barrel and it keeps the dust down in modified prone.

Think I will split from work early on Friday and check out the Diefenbunker. Usually drive past it at midnight, always wanted to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerBlast View Post
    I have secured a 10 X 10 heavy duty event tent. I will be renting space out underneath it. Pricing will vary depending on levels of precipitation. Last years somewhat rainy CQB was even more fun! Way cooler having steam rise off the barrel and it keeps the dust down in modified prone.

Think I will split from work early on Friday and check out the Diefenbunker. Usually drive past it at midnight, always wanted to check it out.
    Looking forward to seeing you (and I assume thump_rrr) there this weekend! Let me know what you guys like in your coffee (in exchange for tent space!)

Cheers,
    Chris

BANNED
    DONT FORGET YOUR BUG JUICE !!!! If anyone is interested the messhall (bldg. G-104 Normandy Court) is cheap and I will be going there for breakfast sat morning at 0730 .

Business Member
    Truck is all packed up for the journey to Petawawa. Just have to get some errands done first.

Don't bring a single bottle of bug dope to Northern Ontario! Bring TWO bottles with you. I'm serious about this advice.

Just need to read a chapter of DC Generators from my Electronic Theory book and I can consider hitting the road after an early lunch!

Cheers
    Barney

My brother and I are on our way up now as I write this (don't worry he's driving) should be checking in the camp ground this afternoon. See you all tomorrow
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast