Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpharms SA15 shotgun review .. Sorta... Update post 32

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    It's a non-restricted AR look alike in a 12 gauge semi, that sold me. I can frolic around my grouse grounds hunting birds that are stupid enough to give me enough time for unjammin, if need be.

My results were similar, I cannot chamber 3" as well, it just jams. The bolt release button is fairly stiff but is slowly loosening up.

CGN frequent flyer
    I purchased a BR99 CL1 and had problems initially with lighter loads. After just over 100 rounds of mixed 2 3/4 inch slugs, 2 3/4 inch buckshot and some 3 inch birdshot it is running much better and is now functioning reliably with Federal 2 3/4 inch heavy field loads. I am sure the SA15 will improve once fully broken in.

This is very similar to what I had going on with mine today..
    Took it out for the first time today and it seemed like the exact same thing with the mags, too steep for them to feed.

Used slugs strictly as my range wont allow anything else down range. I tried 20 rounds of the Score 2 3/4" 1 oz. slugs.. 10 of Federal 2 3/4" 1 oz.... about 40 of Winchester 2 3/4" 1 oz.. out of these there wasn't really anything that fed reliably, was a hit or miss.
    Tried 10 3" 1 1/8 oz. Winchesters and they just wouldn't feed, had to load them individually without a mag, otherwise the shells were just getting damaged.

What you're saying about the rounds being loaded in the mag and having the rims not lining up, I know exactly what you mean. I noticed this with all but the score slugs.
    Going to clean and relube mine now, hopefully it'll go a little more smoothly next time.
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN frequent flyer
    Sadly I had almost the same issues. Yes it's only $555 but I want a semi that shoots right out of the box and don't feel that I should gunsmith the heck out of it before.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Thanks for the review but my neck is sore from the pics.
    Something to look forward to when I get my gun straightened out.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Thanks for the review but my neck is sore from the pics.
    Something to look forward to when I get my gun straightened out.
    lol ya new image host and it's not cooperating.

Also as a potential buyer, thank you. I'm thinking about putting a down payment on this for the next shipment.

Also a little off key. Your range bag in the picture. How do you like that? I been looking at ordering that bag.

Once again

Thanks!

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    Sadly I had almost the same issues. Yes it's only $555 but I want a semi that shoots right out of the box and don't feel that I should gunsmith the heck out of it before.
    Amen I couldn't agree more!
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by langdog89 View Post
    Also as a potential buyer, thank you. I'm thinking about putting a down payment on this for the next shipment.

Also a little off key. Your range bag in the picture. How do you like that? I been looking at ordering that bag.

Once again

Thanks!
    Range bag is just a patrol duty bag I had laying around. Works great for what I need. Built well lots of pockets and the main compartment holds a lot.

Edit,,, lol, I went back and looked at the pic and thought maybe you were referring to the rifle bag. Voodoo tactical rifle bag. Fits two long guns easy, can hold 12 AR mags and 8 pistol mags I think. Plenty of room. Built solid and easy to carry. Purchased mine from Wanstalls

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast