Page 146 of 225 FirstFirst ... 126136138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154156166 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2248

Thread: ***NEW to Canada***TYPE 81 7.62X39 SERVICE RIFLE**TAKING PREORDERS**NON-RESTRICTED

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    Who in their right mind would agree to a 15% penalty, based on the product not being received on time as advertised.
    Ooooh! I have the answer: No one. That being said, TI just gave us an update and no one should be upset with how they're handling things IMO.
    I want a f*cking Vepr comrade!

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaBoy85 View Post
    Ooooh! I have the answer: No one. That being said, TI just gave us an update and no one should be upset with how they're handling things IMO.
    As true as it is that no one should be upset, I see it at another angle. My view, as being NOT an importer of firearms.

The order got bumped. No, we the peons do NOT need to know all the details, and would likely suffer from boredom if full disclosure was presented. However, does anyone in their right mind think this whole scenario does anything for the future (in any positive way)?

I'd lay bets that the manufacturer is no so stupid as to see that there is absolutely ZERO effect on them, and no penalty whatsoever, for just running the way they please. I'd also lay bets that this only serves to further secure the Canadian position of being the whipping boys, in any future negotiations/production deals.

Based on the endless comments that "this is the norm, so if you don't have the balls, stay out of the pre-order" kinda mentality, and all such drivel, our (yes admittedly small and nearly inconsequential) Canadian market, and Canadian buyers are quite happily putting themselves in a position where they will be whipped to the back of the bus, in any future "deals" of this nature. Instead of calling out manufacturer "X" and saying "sure, we are a small market, but will look that much larger to the other manufacturers, with one manufacturer no longer at the table".

Personally, I jumped in from near the beginning, nearly jumped out, but I'll stay in for the ride. $1000 makes absolutely zero difference in my life, one way or another. But I saw another opportunity to "pre-order" at a "great" deal. NOT a F*****G chance. Not with TI. Not with anyone. Let the sheeple carry on with their "you gotta be a man" BS about pre-orders and hanging out for the long run, Yadda-yadda-yadda.

No wonder we get trounced in the international market. We ask for it. Apparently from some threads most recent, even the Turkish have figured they can just string along the Canadian market without repercussion. Pit it against itself. It's not their lacks of morals (although their business acumen likely leaves lots to be desired), as suggested in another thread, that I see as the issue so much as the mindset of those sitting watching their computer screens for an update, allowing this to happen. Again, and again, and again. A quick thread search just proves that case. How many have already jumped in on the Turkish semi shotgun? Yeah, the one without the FRT yet? I'm betting that will be awesome, also.

To the vendors, and TI, especially, since this is THEIR thread, THANKS for what you try to do for a bunch of ingrates who only serve to make the problem worse, with every pre-order special, whiz-bang, new bangstick that comes out. I can't imagine how difficult your position must be, trying to bring new products into a market such as what can be witnessed reading the threads here in CGN.

Plenty of very fine rifles out in the market, today. How many times I have read the word "fiasco", since joining CGN is mind-boggling. But like lemmings, it just goes on and that's the norm; or you are a no-heart p***y. And for every one of these endeavors that proceeds, and sees setbacks, it only sets the stage for the next one to be worse.

It only has taken me ONE pre-order sh*tbog to figure out that I won't be doing this again. For the rest of you, fill your boots, boys. And as has been said a pile of times also, I'll jump in later, once the bugs are ironed out and product is on the ground with a reliable track record. JMHO.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    You sure its not 7.62x39 or 5.56x45 because its extreamly unlikely crappy tire is carrying 5.45x39mm. Im not saying you're lying, but possibly mistaken
    100% certain.

I did a double take when I saw it. You just don't have the luxury of being able to shop at the best Canadian Tire in the country! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    The leduc CT is renown for carrying a good supply of firearms, like 50bmg rifles, Tavors, and more, would not surprise me if they stocked 5.45x39, I dont imagine it's surplus though
    You are correct on both counts! I've picked up many many gems there. TNW MG34s, K98s, SVT40 Snipers, Mosin Snipers, unrefurb SKSs, crates and crates of ammo....

The 5.45x39 is Hornady V-Max I believe.
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Good find ^^^^
    Buy it all up if possible
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    Anyone know how many (approx) rifles are pre ordered?
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    Anyone know how many (approx) rifles are pre ordered?
    More than half.

i'd just be interested to see if the second generation of norinco's T97 arrives first or the type 81 arrives first.

I am curious to see what optic mount options these will allow.

I think I am going to run mine with just the iron sights for a while. I spent a lot of time messing with opitics and mounts on my SKS and in the end I was happier with the iron sights. I have other guns more suited for scopes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    To be honest, I cancelled my order (one of the first ones) and got my money back. I think the concern of many is that they don't know how their prepaid money is going to be used and deposited. We all know #### happens. I don't quite understand how the only argument for late delivery can be that our order is just too small. I mean, how many markets are there? Are those type 81 going to the Philippine military now since they have problems getting rifles from the US due to widespread government killings of drug users or what?

The only bigger market is the US, right? They is an import ban on Chinese guns as far as I know?

Why is the Canadian order so small, many would order those rifles if available, the only argument for ordering I have heard so far is that the price will be double if available?

My head is spinning, those arguments don't add up.

I know that they have been problems in the past but those have been mostly due to import problems, right?