Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini thermo sight What rifle are you running with it on

Are you planning to have any of the other models like the 12W?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    For $1000 I will test this one and see if it practical to invest in a higher price unit I know from the FLIR ps32 thermo has its limits but I also know under certain situations thermo is amazing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    As geologists stated useless for hunting, trees and grass get in the way. I have seek reveal XR Fastframe and it's completely useless unless it's in an open field.

https://youtu.be/vQB0XoIAPfk

Here is a pic of my wife giving me a thermal thumbs up!

Last edited by LuckyLuc82; 03-24-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Let us know how this works
    -SideBurnz-

It looks like a pretty neat little unit. The only concern I would have is how low the resolution is. I believe it is around 80x60 pixels, so not a lot of detail. It will be great for detection, but you would indeed need to be quite close to have enough detail to ID I would think. For the price though, it would be a nice addition to a persons night vision kit.

Edit: clearly I didn't read well enough. I see you've put a deposit down. I would say any red dot sight would work reasonably well behind it.

I like your shotgun idea for vermin. I like that idea a lot. I think that is where something like this would shine, being up close and personal within shotgun range.
    Last edited by ianfroese; 03-24-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I bubbaed my 2400 onto my 10/22. Without an aimimg reticle it's setup to POI at the centro of the screen at 15 yards.

It's more of a spray n pray than a varmint rig....

"Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

How's the refresh rate that's the question. It can be clear all it wants but if the imagine is one second delay from the reality, it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ianfroese View Post
    It looks like a pretty neat little unit. The only concern I would have is how low the resolution is. I believe it is around 80x60 pixels, so not a lot of detail. It will be great for detection, but you would indeed need to be quite close to have enough detail to ID I would think. For the price though, it would be a nice addition to a persons night vision kit.

Edit: clearly I didn't read well enough. I see you've put a deposit down. I would say any red dot sight would work reasonably well behind it.

I like your shotgun idea for vermin. I like that idea a lot. I think that is where something like this would shine, being up close and personal within shotgun range.
    I don't think of thermo and Long range
    It shood be handy for dealing with bears and raccoons in camp at night
    And for finding and shooting rats
    Last year I was working nights on horizontal directional drill it was my job to hike through the bush and look for fracks and my FLIR ps32 was hand
    I never encountered any bears on that job but fond deer birds and one wolf this was all in complete darkness

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    How's the refresh rate that's the question. It can be clear all it wants but if the imagine is one second delay from the reality, it's useless.
    I know with the FLIR a smal green box appears on the screen while it is refreshing and you can hear very faint clicking so well it's refreshing you would have to wait a second

can you get the QR 2x model with a 30hz refresh rate?
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast