Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Chance for N.R. lowers for the DA50 cal upper

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aum View Post
    If this is the final production ever, would you consider consider releasing the design specification to the public domain? I would love the option of owning one of theses but the timming isn't good. The only 1000yard range in the Montreal region almost lost its licence, had to shutdown for almost 2 years and now won back the right and is in the process of reopening but at 600 yards. I am not certain .50 will be supported yet or until it's back up to 1000... If ever... So buying this very nice rifle is more or less a true safe queen and/or paper weight until at least 1 club allows .50. Please note that the crown land option isn't readily available in the GMA...
    I imagine it won't be long until someone rips off our design work. In today's age there seems to be little creativity employed. Everyone seems to be willing to wait for someone else to do the hard work, then come along and replicate it.

We may run another production run at some point in the future but unless there is a demand there is no need for us to have a bunch of stuff taking up space on a shelf.
    Canada Ammo has advertised that they plan to make a lower at some point in time so frankly I don't want to have a large investment tied up in lowers that essentially have only 1 source of sale. To import Ferret or Safety Harbor uppers only to try and compete directly with C.A. makes little sense.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    I imagine it won't be long until someone rips off our design work. In today's age there seems to be little creativity employed. Everyone seems to be willing to wait for someone else to do the hard work, then come along and replicate it.

We may run another production run at some point in the future but unless there is a demand there is no need for us to have a bunch of stuff taking up space on a shelf.
    Canada Ammo has advertised that they plan to make a lower at some point in time so frankly I don't want to have a large investment tied up in lowers that essentially have only 1 source of sale. To import Ferret or Safety Harbor uppers only to try and compete directly with C.A. makes little sense.

Thank you for the quick reply. I do understand the business side of this endeavour and obviously the caliber doesn't lend well to volume either... I can't even consider shooting it in any of the 3 clubs I am a member at today so... Although the intent exists I couldn't ever use one. Funny how they will allow .416 Barrett but not a .50bmg... Just got to love owning 25 aches of land somewhere far away from the cities...

Thank you for at least making this possible to all those in the community who benefited from your expertise ATRS.
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

CGN Regular
    deleted
    Last edited by mcapranos; 02-04-2022 at 06:35 AM.
    There will be no retreat, no surrender, we have drawn our line in the sand. From here we will push back and finally bring an end to the useless Firearms Act!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mattcapranos

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    I love my DA50 ATRS lower, not only does it make the rifle non restricted its also a vast improvement over a standard AR lower . Much stronger , more ridged , not even a bit of play . No doubt increases accuracy .

This looks awesome ! any modifications needed for the upper or the lower ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcapranos View Post
    Do we order the uppers now and have them shipped to you?
    or do you want us to wait until after you start production on the lowers, then we place our orders with Canada Ammo and have the uppers shipped to you in late May / early June?

Thanks!
    Yes, how long does a guy have to bring you an upper if he purchases a lower?
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMY View Post
    Yes, how long does a guy have to bring you an upper if he purchases a lower?
    We are pretty easy to work with. The important part for us is to know how many we are making. Once the lower is paid for it really doesn't matter to us when you bring the upper in for the modification. We DO do the upper modifications in small batches so that we are not constantly tearing down a mill. We try to do the upper mods in batches of 4 or 5 at a time so as to not overwhelm the welder as well.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Here's my review of this lower: beautiful, purpose built for the upper, and built like tank.
    Well worth the money. Would recommend 10/10

That is wicked? Where can I buy a upper or do you guys sell both lower and upper?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

I find it pretty shocking they haven't attempted to work out a licensing deal with you let alone have you manufacture directly. Your design is so beautiful; it seriously makes the rifle. With both together, what you pay vs. The quality of goods makes fo an excellent value proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by mcapranos View Post
    Do we order the uppers now and have them shipped to you?
    or do you want us to wait until after you start production on the lowers, then we place our orders with Canada Ammo and have the uppers shipped to you in late May / early June?

Thanks!
    To get both on order would be the best. We know Canada Ammo is building more uppers, we are trying to get a handle on how many lowers to build, hence how much material we need to order. The deposit is small.
    Many have had C.A. ship the upper directly to us to get the mods done and the lower fitted to the upper to keep things simple and as inexpensive as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast