Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a 20mm rifle?

CGN frequent flyer
    Very cool. Best of luck getting this done.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhaile View Post
    Probably not. Given either round loaded to the same pressure for a single shot rifle, the 20x138 has the edge in case capacity. The limiting factor for extreme range performance with 20mm is likely the shapes of existing projectiles. Most of them have a fairly blunt ogive; HE capacity is the priority for shells and AP shot needs to copy the same shape to match trajectories for both rounds. Lathe-turning custom projectiles would allow for a much more aerodynamic shape.
    The plan between myself and a bullet maker buddy is to try and turn some really high BC bullets for the monster, just to see what is possible as far as uber long range shooting.
    Not having to conform to multiple different bullet types all to function out of the same gun gives us tremendous amounts of room to experiment. the fact that the bullet weight nearly 4 ounces also allows us to make a stinkin long projectile from brass, another advantage to a single shot rifle.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The plan between myself and a bullet maker buddy is to try and turn some really high BC bullets for the monster, just to see what is possible as far as uber long range shooting.
    Not having to conform to multiple different bullet types all to function out of the same gun gives us tremendous amounts of room to experiment. the fact that the bullet weight nearly 4 ounces also allows us to make a stinkin long projectile from brass, another advantage to a single shot rifle.
    So is this project dead?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMamba View Post
    So is this project dead?
    Nice necro BlkMamba.

Agreed this would be a sweet project. I'd be interested. ATRS did you ever get further with pricing and ammo? Seemed like there was a good bit of interest, especially from Sask where the land is flat and the gophers are fat!
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Is the Vulcan a more useful caliber in terms of 2500yds+????

If so, I'd vote that is a better move, even if it's another 1000$ per rifle.....but this is coming from a guy who's already said "i'm out"!!!
    Hey out or in, nice to see you back!

On another note, paging kevj......
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

I'm in as long as Rick can make mine Semi-auto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    I would very seriously consider one of my these if they come to be!

Interest?
    Yes

Money?
    Probably not XD
    I will be gone with no reception or internet from this Friday (Aug 30) until Monday (Sept 2), If you message me on Friday or during the weekend, I will only be able to get back to you on late Monday or Tuesday.

Assuming a $7-10k price range I would buy one if I had a couple years to save up and I had access to brass. The cheaper they were the sooner I'd buy one. Under $5k and I'd buy one as soon as I could. Over $10 and I'd be out unless I they were exceptionally cool or maybe repeaters I think.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkMamba View Post
    So is this project dead?
    Nope
    We are slowly making progress. Given the fact that to date there are only 4 truly interested individuals to date who are on board with getting one very unique and hard to feed rifle it has become a project of "when there is time" we will keep moving forward.
    We have got dies in, made shell holders and top plates for our press, sourced casings, have all the design work done, barrels are in the works and actions not far behind.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there