Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Something we are looking for some feedback on.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Looks like it might be perfect for those cold days on the rig is it intrinsically safe?
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    These have always been an excellent item. I have used one that plugs into a vehicle for use on a motorcycle, but the price is always an issue. The pad, controller, one battery and a way to charge it would have to come in at a reasonable price.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

BANNED
    Depending on price I would use this for work and hunting. My gf would probably my love it since she's always cold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not Mil or LEO but rarely even in freezing -30 do I complain I am cold directly under a plate carrier, specially a Propper fitting one keeps everything snug and warm already. Now the lower back, if there would be a way to hang below the carrier that might be something. Now I could see someone buying this for the always proffesional hand tuck into the carrier to warm those up lol.

For the hunting crowd??? Don't all those guys walk around with a car battery to power all their plug in clothing??? J/k

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    Its been done (heated hoodies) and it works great. Im skinny and after an hour or so in a tree stand Im getting cold, no matter what i have on. Cold=restless=no deer
    Could it be done better? Probably. I would rather have one that gets hotter, longer, as its for use in a stand, not moving. As far as using with a plate carrier I have nothing helpful to contribute.
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    As a hunter who loves to sit and watch, I would be very interested in one of these units if the price is competitive and it is fairly robust. As timandkimandshea said, cold=restless=no deer!

As foxer said, my core is more often over heated and sweating while my extremeties are cold. I don't think the added weight would be worth it, I'd rather carry an extra pair of gloves, socks and then something calorie rich for my core.

If you bring these in, you will make me husband of the year. That's probably the best Valentines/Birthday/Christmas gift I could get my wife.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

If this was under or around the price of my Milwaukee jacket I'd buy 1 or 2. I like the slimmer battery pack. When hunting a tree stand with my Milwaukee heated jacket on, the battery digs into your back/side from time to time due to the shape. I also like the idea of using this under whatever clothing you are wearing rather than being tied to one piece of clothes.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by timandkimandshea View Post
    Its been done (heated hoodies) and it works great............ As far as using with a plate carrier I have nothing helpful to contribute.
    T
    This was my initial impression as well, so unless this product has some benefit over a heated hoodie it must compete on price.

T&K&S: I am considering a heated hoodie for next fall/winter. What is the heat intensity and distribution like on the hoodies arms, lower back, etc?
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member