Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Something we are looking for some feedback on.

Military wise, I dont think it would be a big hit.
    With your loadout, even in the coldest of weathers the battle rattle does a good job of keeping you warm, especially when you get moving in it.

As a hunter, motorcyclist, and range shooter - this would be great at the right price.

GunNutz
    Rowing coach... I sit in a motor boat in the rain, wind and cold air (spring and fall) generating no heat of my own while the people in the boats I'm coaching are wringing out their clothes from sweat... I could use one of these - or perhaps that Milwaukee jacket...

Super GunNutz
    I use a heated vest while motorcycling. On cold mornings or days, it makes a huge difference, I wouldn't go touring without one. Having a quality, light, portable core body heater that you don't need to plug in would be very useful for many applications.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Depending on the price I would be interested. The eight hour battery sounds nice. For my motorcycle or hunting it could definitely make it into my gear box.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post
    This was my initial impression as well, so unless this product has some benefit over a heated hoodie it must compete on price.

T&K&S: I am considering a heated hoodie for next fall/winter. What is the heat intensity and distribution like on the hoodies arms, lower back, etc?
    This product was actually designed for vest and plate carrier use...talk to a swat sniper whose laid on the cold ground at a call out for hours in the snow and they can attest to how cold it gets.

We just expanded on the possible uses, could be used with various clothing and types of clothing, not something that is dedicated to the fact. These could be used across the kidneys as well. They are ultra slim and lightweight. I've been thinking this would be a great way for heating joints as well for ligament and tear treatments.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by notsorichguy View Post
    I also see users in the snowmobile/quadding market .
    My immediate thoughts eggzachtly.
    Samuel Butler
    A blind man knows he cannot see, and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best, and scorns a guide.

Hey Grump,
    As a hunter and outdoor shooter in the winter, I never have any issue in a tree stand / prone / etc with core temps. And I'm the type of guy that if I have a range day booked, i'll still be out there at -20c. Personally my issue is always with fingers and toes, so I have the cheap heat packs that last 6-8 hours and are relatively inexpensive ($0.50 in bulk). I've had all the gadgets that plug in and recharge gifted by family members over the years, but I always find they never get charged (absolutely my fault), never last very long and it's just plain easier to use the little heat packs because they're small and portable.
    If I were to offer some advice, it would be to have a standard 110V outlet for home and a 12V car charge adapter with the unit.

I can completely see the use for SWAT, snowmobile or motorcyclists though. I'm not stationary or confined for 3+ hours in anything I do.
    Peace through superior firepower.
    Member: NFA, CCFR & CSSA

CGN Regular
    For me I think price and battery life will be the biggest point. I'm sure I could rig this to the back of my LBV used for search and rescue trainings/operations. Keeping my lower back warm during down time would be great, as previously stated to keep from stiffening up.

Edit
    Oops, missed the 8 hour battery life.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GIGGIDY's Avatar
    Is the 8 hour battery life on high or low? From the pics I would assume it has multiple power levels.

There would be an application for this product in the private security and investigations industry. That market is constantly overlooked by manufactures and vendors.