Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow II Pre-Order!! Wolverine Special!! $1375.00

hear there is delay and could be next year for arrival?
    ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA!!! FOR GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!!

hear there is a big delay and could be 2017 sometime?
    ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA!!! FOR GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryrockstar View Post
    hear there is a big delay and could be 2017 sometime?
    Source????
    There has been a delay right from the start (May 2016) as the demand was higher than the production. I have not heard of any more further delays. If there is, I would like to know.
    Last edited by abb1; 08-29-2016 at 07:39 AM.

i preordered in feb for aug delivery. now i am told it may be december...or later.

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryrockstar View Post
    i preordered in feb for aug delivery. now i am told it may be december...or later.
    That does not constitute a delay. I was told that I could receive mine in November, but they really have no clue as to when the orders will be met. I hear stores have as many as 400 pre-orders, It will take a while to get this in, as shipments usually come in 15-20 at a time (I have been told). Unless CZ ups their production, orders will not be delivered until a year or two (simple math). I ordered mine late, so I may not get mine until 1-3 years down the road. The problem is that if you lose your deposit if you back out, so you may not have a choice but to wait it out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    That does not constitute a delay. I was told that I could receive mine in November, but they really have no clue as to when the orders will be met. I hear stores have as many as 400 pre-orders, It will take a while to get this in, as shipments usually come in 15-20 at a time (I have been told). Unless CZ ups their production, orders will not be delivered until a year or two (simple math). I ordered mine late, so I may not get mine until 1-3 years down the road. The problem is that if you lose your deposit if you back out, so you may not have a choice but to wait it out.
    If you have to wait 3 years it's a suckers game imho. It's like not preordering at all.

Plus, it's not like any retailer was gonna stay stuck with unsellable Shadow 2. If anyone was to put Shadow 2s on their (virtual) shelves today they would fly as soon as anyone found out.

When we were at the last IWA Show in Germany we stuck our necks out and placed a large order for Shadow 2, this was long before we had taken any pre-orders. We were quoted delivery dates at that time by CZ. All of us underestimated the demand that would be generated for the Shadow 2, if we had, we would have ordered many more and CZ would have had their production geared up, sadly we all have to wait for the production to catch up with demand. Basically we are all been rationed, not a good situation for anyone but there is very little that can be done about it. Personally I don't like taking pre-orders, we certainly don't try and finance our operation with pre-orders, life would be much easier for us if we never had any back orders, they cause a lot of extra work but sometimes pre orders do assist in planning the demand for a product and placing purchase orders.

That is the situation as I see it, nothing much we can do apart from being patient.

Thank you for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    When we were at the last IWA Show in Germany we stuck our necks out and placed a large order for Shadow 2, this was long before we had taken any pre-orders. We were quoted delivery dates at that time by CZ. All of us underestimated the demand that would be generated for the Shadow 2, if we had, we would have ordered many more and CZ would have had their production geared up, sadly we all have to wait for the production to catch up with demand. Basically we are all been rationed, not a good situation for anyone but there is very little that can be done about it. Personally I don't like taking pre-orders, we certainly don't try and finance our operation with pre-orders, life would be much easier for us if we never had any back orders, they cause a lot of extra work but sometimes pre orders do assist in planning the demand for a product and placing purchase orders.

That is the situation as I see it, nothing much we can do apart from being patient.

You guys have always been great and truly do what you can for your customers. I have always had great service from you guys and don't mind a wait for such a nice pistol.

Business Member Rep
    If you take a look at the Wolverine Supplies YouTube page you will see a couple of videos we did of the Shadow 2. As you will be able to tell they were not scripted, just a quick and dirty look at some of the major changes over the original Shadow and a bit of shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Not blaming you Mr. It's not like you can just walk to the factory and start producing them yourself (would be cool though). And in the end, it's just another chapter in the silly story that is the canadian firearm marketplace.

But are you really receiving only 15-20 units per month while your waiting line is 400 like abb1 suggests? Because that is actually a 2 years period, and a lot can happen within 2 years. 2 years is longer than the delivery time on a pre-sale house.

If the shadow 2 comes in december or january, then, yeah, patience is the way to go. If delivery is expected only in 2 years however, then I'll at least get a shadow1 or a shadowline (or something else) to play with in the meantime. And in 2 years, I'll see if a shadow2 is still the gun I want.