Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ****New to Canada****T12N MINI THERMAL SIGHT ~In-Stock~ Only $899~

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Guys, these are fun toys bit practically speaking won't be at all useful while hunting unless it's totally dark and your pray is within 10 feet of you in an open lawn with neatly cut grass. Trees and tall grass masks body heat on these units. Anyone who doesn't want to be disappointed hold on to our cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I sent in a deposit for one but found out there only good out to 30 yards so it's not going to work for me to bad ther not a 100 yard sight
    60 meter range! Grass won't conceal a heat source, would be pretty evident. We've done testing and body heat could be seen through evergreen trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    My biggest problem with the model showcased here is the slow refresh rate of 9hz (which makes the image quite choppy and laggy) and the narrow field of view at 25 degrees. I am assuming that this is the 2x magnification version.

The 1x magnification version that is 30hz and 50 degree field of view seems far superior for me, seeing as 2x magnification with a 60m effective range seems moot...

Are you looking to bring in their other models?
    All 30 hz models are restricted from USA export due to ITAR. That being said the 9hz models aren't slow and choppy at all, they are quite functional.

Most weapon mounted thermals are around 25 degrees, it's not narrow really for weapon sights, the FOV on an ACOG is only 7 degrees for example.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I know with the FLIR ps32 is awesome and I definitely want to get a good thermo sight
    With my FLIR I can pick out Robin size birds in the tree tops and deer out to 150 to 200 yards moose out to about 250 300 yards
    I can pick out heat signature in thick brush it faint but it is there and you would be able see through the holes in the trees quit easily
    For now I will hold out till I can afford a Quality thermo from Tactical Imports

CGN Regular

Video of T12-V model...

Doing some research on this and found a video of these guys using the T12-V model, so greater range than the T12-N, more narrow field of view, but it gives you a good idea how it looks and functions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5m3SW3no44

I have to say I'm impressed with the quality and I'm seriously considering purchasing one.

This video show you comparison between T12M, T12N, and T12V. You can tell how a bit choppy the T12N is.

I wish the 30hz model can enter Canada.
    Nonetheless, it looks cool.
    https://youtu.be/mjx42ohoX2c

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2vp View Post
    Are you guys gonna be bringing the Torry Pines logic TPIR-45 in the 8 hz exportable version?
    http://tplogic.com/thermal-solutions/tpir-45/

If so, can you get the 2x adaptor and weapon rail attachment for it?

This setup would be awesome for hunting. I would put my name in for one.

Lastly, price if possible.

Thanks.
    No plans. Not sure if exportable either
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Wrong. It comes with a picatinny rail mount
    Rail mount wasn't in the box when I got my T12-N, so I assumed it wasn't included. However I did receive one a few days ago in the mail. Thanks for putting 2 & 2 together and sending it out. I couldn't ask for better customer service - thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with the 12N on the hand held mount. It's the coolest gadget I've ever bought.
    Last edited by promac; 04-15-2016 at 09:21 AM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

CGN Regular
    Shooting robins...why?

Back in stock!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sale for black Friday?
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast