Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legally transporting a firearm on a motorcycle

Legally transporting a firearm on a motorcycle

Can you legally transport a non-restricted or restricted firearm on a motorcycle from your home to your gun club? It would be unloaded and locked of course. The law mentions that if it is transported in a vehicle lacking a locking compartment, it must not be visible. In this case, it would be in a back pack or bag. Anyone have any experience with this?
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.

I do it all the time but I ride a Bagger so it's in a saddlebag. Also previously before I switched ranges I walked to the range carrying my range bag.

The visibility of the non restricted firearms applies if left in an unattended vehicle. As long as you have your PAL, firearm is unloaded, and you don't leave it unattended you're good.
    Restricted is different -. Unloaded, rendered inoperable, locked opaque container, paperwork, Rpal.

Of course you may draw unwanted attention which could take away from your range day. I've seen a guy with a scabbard on the forks of his harley.

Cool thanks for your input! I couldn't find anything about this anywhere, so now I won't be so hesitant.
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.

I've seen guys show up to the trap range on Motorcycles. Shotgun broken down in half in a short soft rifle case. Case slung over their back or on top of rear luggage box. Nothing wrong with it at all.

FIREARMRIGHTS.CA

I take handguns in a backpack on motorcycle to the range no problems, asked an opp officer about it and was told if planning to do this with a rifle or shotgun although legal be prepared to be stopped multiple time to and from range as people will be calling them about you

Quote Originally Posted by kevin82 View Post
    I take handguns in a backpack on motorcycle to the range no problems, asked an opp officer about it and was told if planning to do this with a rifle or shotgun although legal be prepared to be stopped multiple time to and from range as people will be calling them about you
    This !

If you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you're carrying a rifle - get yourself a golf bag - put your rifle in a gun sock - put it in the bag, stock first. Nobody will give you a second look. You don't need to do this to be legal, but Kevin82 is right - there are lots of "civic minded" busy-bodies out there - and if they call the cops, they will likely stop you and check you out.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fire@will View Post
    This !

If you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you're carrying a rifle - get yourself a golf bag - put your rifle in a gun sock - put it in the bag, stock first. Nobody will give you a second look. You don't need to do this to be legal, but Kevin82 is right - there are lots of "civic minded" busy-bodies out there - and if they call the cops, they will likely stop you and check you out.
    As soon as you put in something with the intent to conceal, you are open to a concealed weapons charge.
    C.C.F.R "There is no faster way to create division within a group of equals than by treating some of them more equal than the rest"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    yes , I went there
    C.C.F.R "There is no faster way to create division within a group of equals than by treating some of them more equal than the rest"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast