Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAL arrived (consused ok an issue)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

PAL arrived (consused ok an issue)

So my Pal arrived today, on it only states Non restricted. I applied and paid for both Restricted and non restricted.

Is this normal or do I call and ask?

Next step advice would be great thanks!

CGN frequent flyer
    Not normal.

Call - make sure you didn't check a wrong box somewhere.

You did do both of the courses correct? Sorry, just have to ask..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Passed both courses, was charged 80$ on my CC. But my card I recieved said, "no special conditions and Non Restricted. Nothing else or anything about restricted on it.

not normal, call the CFO

The back of your card should have

Possession Acquisition
    Non-Restricted Non-Restricted
    Restricted Restricted

The front of your card should have standard and non standard conditions attached to this license
    Last edited by mad_mardigen; 04-04-2016 at 08:14 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks, yep all looks right exept missing the restricted. Hoping it was just a misprint as I talked to the office and they stated my application was approved and even gave me the number and expiry no problem. I will post what happens after I talk to them tomorrow I guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow CFO screwed up nicely!!!

All my documents were correct all my tests were correct and all my refrences on the paper, was also charged the 80$ processing fee...

They only issued my Non restricted, said sorry we made a mistake, however now I have to wait until they contact my refrences (they could not call in because my file looks closed) and the CFO needs to preform the more in depth check on the background (never had an issue). I was told there is nothing for me to do at this time and they could not give me a timeline of when it will be fixed. Sounds like it will be the same as if I applied sepratly for restricted after my non restricted.

This is frustrating to say the least but it would have been a bigger issue had I not checked my license and ordered my restricted items I have sitting in a Cart with a site sponsor.

This is from Onterio.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Far North's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if they make you wait an additional 28 day waiting period.
    Try calling back and ask to speak to a supervisor about unscrewing you. You might want to contact the ombudsman as well if you feel they are taking too long
    CSSA CCFR
    Canadian gun laws brought to you by government sponsored ignorance and fear mongering

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Wow CFO screwed up nicely!!!

All my documents were correct all my tests were correct and all my refrences on the paper, was also charged the 80$ processing fee...

They only issued my Non restricted, said sorry we made a mistake, however now I have to wait until they contact my refrences (they could not call in because my file looks closed) and the CFO needs to preform the more in depth check on the background (never had an issue). I was told there is nothing for me to do at this time and they could not give me a timeline of when it will be fixed. Sounds like it will be the same as if I applied sepratly for restricted after my non restricted.

This is frustrating to say the least but it would have been a bigger issue had I not checked my license and ordered my restricted items I have sitting in a Cart with a site sponsor.

This is from Onterio.
    Well your purchase would have been canceled and maybe restocking fee charged. ####ty situation, I'd file a complaint with your ombudsman.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

^ The "in depth" background check is done for everyone (or almost everyone) there is no rhyme or reason why the odd person doesn't have their references called. It has nothing to do with them potentially thinking you have an "issue"

Its really just a 5 min phone call to your two references, and then a 5 min phone call to yourself. It's NBD.

I would give it a few days, call back and be super polite (I know its annoying but being rude or angry at them will only slow things down more) and ask if they have got the ball rolling on the restricted part of your license... ask if they need the reference info again, ask for a possible timeline, etc... then give it a few weeks and then call back again if there is still no word from them.

I wouldn't go down the road of filing a complaint yet... it might just make things worse... for all you know they will be willing to call your references this week and will have the license in the mail to you in a few days. Ppl make mistakes, its probably also NBD.

I would not just sit and wait at this point. Ask them if your file has been is sent to the provincial cfo, If they say yes it ask to be transferred to the provincial cfo and ask if you can have your references call in.

Repeat every week until you get your corrected pal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast