Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms-AR Magazine Adapter

Price and how to order and shpping?

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    It's made of Nylon, similar to the material that the Swiss Arms furniture and PMAGs are made of, but this Nylon isn't glass reinforced. It should be resistant to all solvents that the other plastic parts of your rifle are resistant to. I don't think DEET will attack Nylon.Hot and cold shouldn't affect function, it's basically clipped onto the front of your magazine well and just sits there. I noticed it will stiffen up a little at lower temperatures so it'll be slightly harder to install or remove. If you heat it up it's easier to remove, but will stay in place unless you're actually trying to remove it. It melts at around 230 degrees C.I have no idea about life expectancy. But if it breaks in some way, I'll replace it for you.
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely interested in this product.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Price and how to order and shpping?
    They are available here: http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/AR-Magazine...550-55X-AR.htm

Shipping is a flat-rate $13.50 in Canada.

Please remember to select "checkout" instead of "checkout with ######" as ###### will charge you in USD.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 05-01-2016 at 05:37 PM.

$55 for that small part?!? I appreciate your innovation but no thank you.

Expired Business Member
    I may not be the best at marketing, and I don't have an MBA, but I would hope that people judge products on their functionality rather than their size.

The price I'm asking is 1/10th of what an NEA Swiss Arms lower costs, 1/5th of what comparable adapters cost, and almost half the price of a single Swiss Arms magazine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Thanks for designing this - I can say with certainty that this is THE best mag adapter for the Swiss that I've ever tried - and really is the best way to make your swiss 10-round legal!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    I think this is VERY reasonable for $55. Any other AR mag conversion for the Swiss is $150.
    I'd like to thank GSD for bringing this to market, and I hope a Famae 540 version will be available next!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Just put in my order. $55 bucks for a custom designed 3D printed bit like this is reasonable enough when it is a small test run right out of the prototype stage. I'm willing to spend the cost of a mag to be able to use some of my excess AR mags. Will see how it copes durability wise.

Some guys will buy a $3000 rifle and $400 of magazines, $700 optic, a $300 hard case and thousands in ammo... but still will ##### over a $55 part that makes your gun more versatile.

Thanks Alex for taking the time to bring these to market. I'll be sure to post a review when I get mine.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Expired Business Member
    Thanks guys.

I thought about it a bit, and decided to actually make the adapter kit a bit "bigger." By that I mean I added another piece at the rear of the magwell that better stabilizes the mags when the gun is cycling or when the bolt is locked back. It's only really possible to insert this piece due to the flexibility of the nylon, so as far as I know the adapters made of metal don't have this feature.

I've only tested it on my rifle so far, so I'll be offering them for free with all of the adapters ordered as a trial. If it works well, later on it'll be a cost-added option.

Last edited by GSdesigns; 05-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Wow. Thanks for doing this. Will place my order right away!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast