Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 15SA Magazine Tweak

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Did anyone else have a b!tch of a time cutting & bending the springs. I have a pretty good size pair of side cutters & they barely put a mark on the springs. I ended up having to cut through the springs with a carbide bit in my Dremel. Bending the spring down even with the other side wasn't that easy either. They're tough mothers.

Going to field test them tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Did anyone else have a b!tch of a time cutting & bending the springs. I have a pretty good size pair of side cutters & they barely put a mark on the springs. I ended up having to cut through the springs with a carbide bit in my Dremel. Bending the spring down even with the other side wasn't that easy either. They're tough mothers.

Going to field test them tomorrow.
    Please let us know how it goes Ted.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

I didn't have a hard time with mine, just used some needle nose pliers to cut and bend.
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So i cut the springs in my mags to 9 coils and got out today and tested the gun for the first time.

I used 2 3/4 birdshot from Winchester, Remington and Challenger. I also fired some 3 inch Winchester birdshot.

The Challenger and Winchester rounds would jam up occasionally ( roughly 1 per mag ).

The cheap 2 3/4 Remington birdshot (shot 9) worked 100%, not a single jam. (see vid)

The gun has now seen 125 rounds but i think it needs to break in more.

This gun is a blast to shoot!

--- Short video here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOGmAn4I-8
    Last edited by CC89; 04-15-2016 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added video link

^^^ so was that an improvement over the previous time you had it out?
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was my first time shooting it. It was definitely easier to load the mag though.

Haven't had a chance to take my gun to the range yet, but was cycling some dummy shells and noticed only one mag was feeding correctly.
    These mags have been modified by Wolverine. I think an additional problem is that the feed lips may be holding the shells too far down so they can't feed.
    Someone else mentioned they had modified their mag feed lips without giving any details.
    I measured the distance the dummy rounds stick out of the mag at the rear and found the working one has 6 mm while all others are 3 - 5 mm.
    I'll try loading some real shells and see if they measure differently -- obviously can't try to cycle real shells here at home.
    Anyone else have feeding issues with dummy rounds? Would real shells be different?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Please let us know how it goes Ted.
    I fired 4 mags worth (3 with AA trap loads and 1 with 2 3/4 slugs). I had 1 jam per mag (oddly 3 of the 4 were the 3rd round). Definitely an improvement over my first session. I've only put about 60 rounds through the gun so far so I won't pass judgement until I hit the 100-150 round mark.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The only thing better than earning money is spending it and there are two Lancaster hand guns for sale tomorrow, so all your cash will be well spent
    im looking at a lancaster bomber scattered over a hillside here in canada, not quite a pistol but many hours of work for sure.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bondjames80 View Post
    I cut 2 coils off before the fix came out and they work awesome!
    After cutting off one coil my mag performance improved somewhat but I'm still getting about 20% FTFs. I would like to try cutting another coil but at $45 a pop I don't want to risk pooching the mag as an experiment. Does Wolverine have any spare mag springs that are available for sale so if cutting 2 coils really screws things up the spring can be replaced?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast