Thread: Have just got my PAL, please help to understand what is the next step!

Question Have just got my PAL, please help to understand what is the next step!

Hi everybody,

I am total newbie here and with shooting sport in Canada. Have just got yesterday my PAL/RPAL licence.
    And now would like to clarify a couple of points:

1: While I am getting know more about guns and what I want/can afford I would like to start practicing. I have a buddy who owns some guns and he doesn't mind to lend me some for few months. The question is: can I just drive to his home, show him my PAL, grab his gone and drive back to home/go later to some shooting club and shoot, right? Should we notify some officials, or just his check of my PAL is enough?

2: I know that Silverdale allows "day passes" and while I am looking for more suitable gun club for me, I could use occasional shooting there. Can you please help me to point to some other clubs which allow "day passes" too, please? I heard that Silverdale is quite crowded..

Thanks everybody for your answers in advance!

BANNED
    Yes you can ...for non restricted firearms.

If your friend is lending you his non restr. than go right ahead an load up your trunk.
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

Thanks guys! I do remember it from the courses, but wanted to confirm one more time