Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can your gf use your firearms at range ?

Quote Originally Posted by nzclaybuster View Post
    mine can't. My wife wont let her.
    lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZClaybuster View Post
    Mine can't. My wife wont let her.
    Hopefully that's the only restriction your wife places on you.
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

Lots of wrong answers in this thread....

IF she has an RPAL and IF she is a member of the range and IF she has at least one restricted registered to her for "target shooting" so she has the ATT condition thingy on her RPAL

THEN

YES you can lend her one of your restricteds to take to the range and shoot. You do NOT have to live together, but, in theory, you would have to lend it to her somewhere that you both can transport to/from, like the range for example.

IF you lend it to her, you MUST also give her a copy of the reg certificate

that is the current way it works, I"m not a lawyer but anyone can go look it up for themselves

pics of gf aren't loading...

oh... shoot... 'This isn't ARFCOM... 'Sorry.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    Lots of wrong answers in this thread....

IF she has an RPAL and IF she is a member of the range and IF she has at least one restricted registered to her for "target shooting" so she has the ATT condition thingy on her RPAL

THEN

YES you can lend her one of your restricteds to take to the range and shoot. You do NOT have to live together, but, in theory, you would have to lend it to her somewhere that you both can transport to/from, like the range for example.

IF you lend it to her, you MUST also give her a copy of the reg certificate

that is the current way it works, I"m not a lawyer but anyone can go look it up for themselves
    Sorry that is not how it works now. Talked to the CFO about this when I got my renewal. New licence had the ATT conditions to a range as firearms registered to me. STATT for me to borrow my wife's or for her to borrow mine. Even the gal at the CFO thought it was stupid to require spouses to have to get a STATT. My wife keeps her pistols in the same safe as I do, so you think she doesn't have access?
    This ain't Dodge City,And you ain't Bill Hickok. Quigley down under.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.e moose View Post
    Sorry that is not how it works now. Talked to the CFO about this when I got my renewal. New licence had the ATT conditions to a range as firearms registered to me. STATT for me to borrow my wife's or for her to borrow mine. Even the gal at the CFO thought it was stupid to require spouses to have to get a STATT. My wife keeps her pistols in the same safe as I do, so you think she doesn't have access?
    The CFO in your province is breaking C42. The law is very clear that the CFO MUST attach a condition to the RPAL that allows transport of restricteds "in your POSSESSION" to the range for target shooting, it also specifies the rules for "lending" a restricted gun to someone and thereby putting it into their possession.

The law does NOT say "registered to you" it says "in your possession" and it also does not give the CFO any choice in the matter.

The Alberta CFO has been sued many times for different things and lost, this will eventually just be another case where the CFO loses in court.

CGN Regular
    GOD bless you in Canada, Australia, and the UK (probably other nations as well) for being willing to go through what you do just to enjoy a little trigger time or hunting. It is quite evident your Government sure isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    The CFO in your province is breaking C42. The law is very clear that the CFO MUST attach a condition to the RPAL that allows transport of restricteds "in your POSSESSION" to the range for target shooting, it also specifies the rules for "lending" a restricted gun to someone and thereby putting it into their possession.

The law does NOT say "registered to you" it says "in your possession" and it also does not give the CFO any choice in the matter.

The Alberta CFO has been sued many times for different things and lost, this will eventually just be another case where the CFO loses in court.
    It's the same in ontario. My attachments page says restricted firearms registered to me
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12