Thread: 1911 norinco np29, 9mm; compensator diameter.

1911 norinco np29, 9mm; compensator diameter.

I have found multiple sites that sell 1911 compensators but i cannot find the bore diameter for the norinco np29 9mm. I have called gunsmiths, gun shops etc... No one can tell me the bore diameter and i have no access to calipers

Quote Originally Posted by Jezus View Post
    I have found multiple sites that sell 1911 compensators but i cannot find the bore diameter for the norinco np29 9mm. I have called gunsmiths, gun shops etc... No one can tell me the bore diameter and i have no access to calipers
    9mm bullets are 9.01mm or .355"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Regular
    Most compensators replace the barrel bushing, or attach to a replacement longer barrel.

I need to know the outside barrel diamter or what the bushing ID measure ment. I also found one site that says it fits a norinco 213.
    The measurments on the compensator i found is
    Bushing ID measures .520". It is designed for a barrel with an outside diameter of .513"- .516".

Your barrel OD will most likely be different than some one else's NP29 . it might be only a couple of thou. a .520 busing on a .513 barrel is kinda on the loose end of things and will probably effect the pistols accuracy .

Did you find these compensators in Canada?
    go buy a digital caliper , you can get a decent digital one for $20ish if you look around