Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

CGN Regular
    It will be interesting to see how many components of the Bill are front and centre during the upcoming public consultations (as announced in the 2016 federal budget) on "ways to get handguns and assault rifles off the streets." It is obvious that the Bill was timed to coincide with these discussions. By introducing in the Senate first, it will be ready for the House by the time the consultations are complete. The Liberals have the numbers in the Senate. I expect some version of the Bill will make its way to parliament.

Brace yourselves, this could get ugly...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearmsking View Post
    Let's do it guys... Let's take action and write to our MPs and educate them on what we all love(firearms)!!!
    I told my MP what the Bill would mean for centralized storage at the indoor range in his riding. Tens of thousands of firearms all crowded into the same facility as the curlers, judo and swimmers. The bill would be chaos for the provinces which regulate hunting and game populations. I also reminded him that the bill would be an unfunded liability on the provinces, municipalities and non-profits.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Regular
    Unless people are ready to loose it all they will gain nothing.
    Last edited by bungsTPS; 04-16-2016 at 07:48 PM.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Sickening

CGN Regular
    The Bill as it currently stands is unconstitutional, as it discriminates on the basis of geographic location. People in rural areas do not have access to safe storage ranges or secure transport and can never own handguns..

This senator has tried something like this bill before. It got shot down* after its second reading. Lets hope the same things happen.
    *Sorry for the pun

The fact that our own politicians are looking into any draconian way to re-classify something that is already restricted, makes me concerned.
    They do need to find another hobby... Perhaps genetically modifying future generations and remove the stupid gene?

Do they really have nothing better to do? maybe work on and spend money on bettering Canadians lives! Instead of worthless non-sense !!

CGN Regular
    The Bill as it currently stands is unconstitutional, as it discriminates on the basis of place or origin or geographic location. People in rural areas do not have access to safe storage ranges or secure transport and can never own handguns..

Are they also targeting the non AR15 style rifle as well?