Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Last edited by ESP; 04-16-2016 at 11:00 PM.

The OP knows exactly what he's talking about, having been in this game long enough to know how it works.

Time for firearm supporters to put their differences aside and work together for a change. I think the OP makes a good suggestion and I think we should be demanding some guidance from our gun orgs as well.

Or you can do what some of us are best at, strap on the pads and prepare for a dry insertion. During C-68 we had the same folks telling us not to worry, they would never go through with it.
    Get involved, we are likely preparing to face the biggest challenge to ownership that we ever will.

Good to see a retailer taking point on this issue. Where are the rest of you guys?

So which organization do we get behind?

Also I think every effort should be made to get new shooters involved in the sport, strength in numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    lol yea lets all make a huge show of and make absolutely clear that every gun owner is against them - i am sure that is absolutely the right strategy...
    I'll be sure to watch you get pounded from behind while your head is stuffed in the sand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP View Post
    Peaceful non-compliance.
    I agree man but when they show up to enforce this new law and they know we have restricteds what are you to do. I know what I wanna do buuuuttt!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    I just read the whole proposal!!! I'm not the smartest guy at all but my eyes are wide open ta what coming. And I'm not sure even if every gun owner stood up and barked that we could change this and prevent it. But if we don't they will steam roll it right over us foesure. This really makes me sick.
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Regular
    Or join the liberal party. Pretend you are like them. Don't mention guns. Be the best damn liberal you can be. Gain their trust. Get placed in a position of power. And when it counts, throw a monkeywrench in the works.

I was pleased to see the CSSA finally put something up on their website related to this today.

CGN Regular
    So put up an addressed form letter that everybody can print off, sign and send off. Otherwise nothing will be done. Even *that* may be too much work...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    I agree man but when they show up to enforce this new law and they know we have restricteds what are you to do. I know what I wanna do buuuuttt!
    It is to late when they are knocking on your door, this is the typical Canadian way, to wait until it is to late. I can not advise you to break the law, if you own restricted or prohibited firearms there are records, these records are badly flawed and if you are prepared to go toe to toe with the authorities and argue the point you may well get away with it. My advice is to follow the law until such time as your legally possessed non restricted firearms are called in. Now I can not advise you to break the law, but I have heard that Mike from Canmore (at least I think it was him) is planning to take a shovel and a GPS when he takes his soon to be restricted semi auto rifle on one last shoot!

Time to get political active now so we are not backed into a corner. Fight politically now, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.