Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by Ungrateful View Post
    Just a heads-up, you won't be able to buy or possess firearms in USA as a non-citizen without an ATF permit for each individual gun. To buy a gun after moving to the US on a work visa, you need to apply for citizenship which is quite a long process.
    You don't need to be a citizen just a legal resident.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

[/URL]

Just a heads-up, you won't be able to buy or possess firearms in USA as a non-citizen without an ATF permit for each individual gun. To buy a gun after moving to the US on a work visa, you need to apply for citizenship which is quite a long process.
    Nope. See: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/238177-Possessing-or-Purchasing-Ammunition-or-Reloading-Components-in-the-U-S-A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    so many people in this thread saying they are going to stand up and fight ....

yet

look how may people wasted vote last oct allowing the lberals to get in ....... it would have been really easy to secure our status quo 6 months ago with the possibility to gain ground ...... instead by a slim margin we have mcjagger jr. in power all set to make our lives hell again .

so many people waiting for someone else to do something , talking big , but when push comes to shove , they drop the ball and run away and hide .... or at least enough did to allow the liberal to gain power and torture us .

Quote Originally Posted by peter_mbl View Post
    I thought all you needed was a hunting license to get longarms or pistols and ccp in some states. suppressors i think you need to be an american. if i sell my bubble house here in vancouver, might think about it
    No, I used to live there. When you buy a gun at a gun store in the USA, they are required by law to do a background check and can only sell to US citizens. As a Canadian citizen you can apply with the ATF for a temporary import permit, which allows you to bring your Canada-legal gun into the USA for hunting or whatever but you need an individual permit for each gun and they need to be renewed because they expire. Without that permit, the only legal way to own a gun (and the only legal way to purchase a gun) is to be a US citizen.

CGN Regular
    Getting closer to the New world order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    In your case I think the correct reply is : "If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem" time to wake up and smell the coffee before it is to late!
    So I guess your solution is the only one, eh? Get a grip.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmer View Post
    If you are a Canadian citizen only, the only place that you can legally own guns is Canada. You can bring your Canadian guns across if you have the appropriate paperwork from the ATF. Once across, you can buy ammo if you have a hunting licence and a temp import permit from the ATF. Try buying a gun as a non-citizen, you will be rejected when they run the background check. In possession of a firearm that you don't have ATF paperwork for as a non-citizen, you will be arrested because that is a felony. I lived there.

Mr.Wolverine I had put up a warning earlier for gun stores and store owners... for you to phone or write the Minister of Public Safety ASAP as they are in discussion with their staff regarding the UN laser markings on guns. The Liberals may have signed on to this but are clueless about how and why they are doing this. Call now because you may actually have a chance to stop this. From what I gather (my close source) most of the staff think this whole UN engraving is dumb but have had no calls or education from the Gun lobby regarding the issue.
    Call now, tell them what it will cost your business and not have to buy a 150k laser engraver .

If you are a Canadian citizen only, the only place that you can legally own guns is Canada. You can bring your Canadian guns across if you have the appropriate paperwork from the ATF. Once across, you can buy ammo if you have a hunting licence and a temp import permit from the ATF. Try buying a gun as a non-citizen, you will be rejected when they run the background check. In possession of a firearm that you don't have ATF paperwork for as a non-citizen, you will be arrested because that is a felony. I lived there.
    It's obvious you still haven't read the first part of that sticky CGN thread I posted. I'm just placing a quote here and abandon this discussion as this topic is not for this sub-forum.

"Nonimmigrant aliens generally are prohibited from possessing or receiving (purchasing) firearms and ammunition in the United States.
    There are exceptions to this general prohibition. The exceptions are as follows:
    nonimmigrant aliens who possess a valid (unexpired) hunting license or permit lawfully issued by a State in the United States"