Thread: Shooting in the bush, northbound hwy99 BC

Shooting in the bush, northbound hwy99 BC

A couple friends and I are heading up to whistler for may long weekend. I am wanting to know if theres anywhere I can legally discharge NR firearms so I can make the trip worth while.
    No targets, run and gun, draw and just letting out a few rounds

Are there any sites, bush area I can access and how would one get there?

I understand the crownland is OK and I believe 200yrds away from the roadway, but researching the Internet and areas just past squamish is off limits from bylaws of the district municipality(makes sense considering residential areas nearby) but also there are claims of places where folks commonly shoot without any problems.

Can someone confirm?
    Thanks in advance, Miah

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Pick up a copy of the hunting regs, they usually have small maps of where you should not be shooting. Most FSR you can shoot on as long as you have a proper backstop, but keep in mind any restrictions.

Many spots look like they are good but you may be shooting across a valley into other user areas.

Keep in mind there has been lots of complaints about "idiots with guns" in the whole sea to sky area, our MLA and I had a conversation about it recently. There is a very low tolerance for it these days, Squamish and the rest of Sea to Sky have no desire to become another Sylvester Road Schitshow
    Last edited by Gatehouse; 05-15-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Most logging roads are ok but be smart and ya, check the regs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Have fun, be safe and leave the site as clean or cleaner than you found it.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".