Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAMBO is HERE !

Sponsoring Business
    For the guys that think this is expensive, go to a bike shop and price out a decent bike with good components, I have been looking at the bike market for quite some time and it did take me a bit to realize that there are people lined up to pay 3-5 grand for bikes no problem. I sell another line of fat tire bikes that aren't motorized and they start at 1200 and go up from there, they weight in at 32 lbs, where as the cheaper brands found at marts are 50-60 pounds.

The motorized Rambo weights about 58 lbs, lots to do with the motor and battery. some one asks how hard it is to pedal with out the battery assist , it is noticeably harder, but okay, the other fat tire bike I sell Framed is actually not much different than a regular mountain bike to pedal, put there are other factors.

These bike s come mostly assembled, the ones I have seen together didn't need much, you can always take it to a bike guy and have them go over it.

Travis

Looks like it has plastic pedals and cable disk brakes.Hardly good quality. Not sure what the motor is worth but for that kinda $$ id want to see some upgrades. I could be wrong though

CGN Regular
    3 grand for a quality fat tire bike is a pretty decent price. I've probably spent upwards of $15k on my bikes over the past 10 yrs. I currently have 4 in the stable that are worth about $10k. I know someone with a road bike that worth about $15k and a husband/wife duo that both own $4k+ fat tire bikes. You might be able to get a fat tire bike at Walmart or Canadian Tire but it's definitely not going to be on par with the build/parts quality and the resulting ride quality of a higher end bike. Like it's already been said, "you get what you pay for". Buy crap, get crap, buy quality, get quality. A higher end and better build ride will not only have better components, but the ride will be more enjoyable and the parts are sure to last you longer. Personally, I'd rather spend $4000 on a bike once, than to spend $500 on a bike and have to constantly get it repaired due to the inferior quality parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    My buddy just bought a Surly Ice Cream Truck for $3000.00, no motor but well built with high end components.
    I was surprised how much a fat tire bike costs from a reputable maker with quality parts but still..... where can I find this $500 bike you are referring to?
    Anywhere they sell junk bikes, like department stores, for example:

Quote Originally Posted by Brassman66 View Post
    Nice mark up
    Saw These fat Tire Bike (direct Gear) in Wallmart in Leduc-Alberta for 450.** February 2016

Cheers
    People who cringe at the idea of a $3k pedal bike haven't been to a bike shop to see what quality bikes, assembled by someone far more competent than a part-time, minimum-wage, 16 year-old at a place like Canadian Tire, actually cost. You gotta pay to play and put things into perspective. I'm sure there are people out there who think that dumping several grand into a hunting rifle and glass won't make much sense to them either.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    I tried "fat" tire bike in walmart last summer - cannot see myself buying anything like this especially for $4K+ (with taxes and delivery)
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Ignorance abound here. If you don't know anything about quality bikes and are comparing them walmart or the like then you really have no place in this thread.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Ignorance abound here. If you don't know anything about quality bikes and are comparing them walmart or the like then you really have no place in this thread.
    x2!!

The first time I heard about "fat tire bikes" was reading about the Iditarod. These bikes are used to race the same course as the dog sleds...IN THE WINTER. Best times are equaling the slow to average times of dog teams. It is a viable way to get to tough places.

http://iditarodtrailinvitational.com/
    Last edited by wilbar; 04-23-2016 at 12:07 PM. Reason: SPELLING

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
    The first time I heard about "fat tire bikes" was reading about the Iditarod. These bikes are used to race the same course as the dog sleds...IN THE WINTER. Best times are equaling the slow to average times of dog teams. It is a viable way to get to tough places.

http://iditarodtrailinvitational.com/
    Wow, I had no idea they had a bike race before the sled dogs.

I've honestly never looked into these fat-tired bikes, and I was just thinking on picking up a new bike as I haven't had one in over 15 years. Time for some Google-fu!

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Are you familiar with these bikes? You know they are quality, or just assuming because of the price?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast