Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAMBO is HERE !

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Plinker View Post
    Wow, I had no idea they had a bike race before the sled dogs.

I've honestly never looked into these fat-tired bikes, and I was just thinking on picking up a new bike as I haven't had one in over 15 years. Time for some Google-fu!
    That's what I did recently too. Been like 15 years since I was last on a bike and the Rambo was what initially got me interested in the idea of riding again. While fat bikes are out of my price range, I can see the applications for something like a Rambo.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA

I have a question that I couldn't see an answer to on their site. I have been checking out various pedal electrics for awhile and didn't like the local ones because they weren't rugged enough. On some of those models, pedaling actually recharges the battery. Is that the case on this one or does pedaling just extend range by reducing engine load?

Sponsoring Business
    Typically what I see is people buy fat tire bikes as a second bike, just like you may buy a second, third rifle for different excuses me I have about 6 prairie dog guns just in case I get in a good field and I want to out gun my buddies!

They are great in the winter, snow ,ice and they run on sand fairy well, so rough terrain. Some run them all year around ,perhaps with a different air pressure setting.

I had one of the electric bikes on my bucket list for about two years , I bow hunt and the possibilities are endless to be able to cover ground in a short amount of time ,without sweating .

I have looked at a lot of other brands some cheaper, some more, and these come in at the middle, fair price and decent components.

Sponsoring Business
    I too haven't rode a bike in years, but this E bike has got me going again, some say its cheating, yep but you can always turn the level of assist down and get a work out if you like.

I hear a lot of stories just like this, some have old injuries and some just plain outright don't want to put in the effort. But a lot do get back into riding once they get one of these. A lot of these are popping up in cottage country, hills and rough terrain are a breeze.

As for charging the battery, it takes 4-6 hours, you can do this with the battery on or off the bike, but you plug in the battery to charge, the bike doesn't charge while you pedal.

For what I understand there are some bike companies advertising this , but from what I have heard doesn't work real well.

battery life is approx. 19 miles with out pedalling, factors will include terrain, weight of rider etc. the more you pedal and the less assist you use the further it will travel before needing a charge.

Assist is like this, once you begin to pedal the assist kicks in, you feel some help, the controller on the bike allows you to choice between 1to 9 level of assist, so a little help or a whole lot, the more assist also allows you to go faster. One additional feature that this assist bike has is a throttle , so you can just push the throttle and off you go. where as other brands of E bike you must pedal some what to get assist.

I sell the Surface 604 fat tire bike as well, its electric assist only kicks in if you pedal.

hope this helps

I understand why the price is where it is on this e bike and that the non electric one is a lot cheaper.
    Now I'm not a fat tire guy, I understand the bonuses of the fatter tires for different terrains but I don't understand why non electric fat bikes go for over 2k. Even if it is specialized. Now I haven't been in a bike shop in the last year to check the out again but what makes them worth that? Are the tires that much more?
    I have a specialized SX that comes with a hefty price tag but it is designed to take the stress of 20 ft jumps n such, has fox suspension on both ends and top of the line avid hydro brakes.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing.
    I'm just curious. It took me awhile to buy my bike, I'm just not sure I would want to pay that again for a hard tail with a solid fork

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen View Post
    I understand why the price is where it is on this e bike and that the non electric one is a lot cheaper.
    Now I'm not a fat tire guy, I understand the bonuses of the fatter tires for different terrains but I don't understand why non electric fat bikes go for over 2k. Even if it is specialized. Now I haven't been in a bike shop in the last year to check the out again but what makes them worth that? Are the tires that much more?
    I have a specialized SX that comes with a hefty price tag but it is designed to take the stress of 20 ft jumps n such, has fox suspension on both ends and top of the line avid hydro brakes.
    I'm just curious. It took me awhile to buy my bike, I'm just not sure I would want to pay that again for a hard tail with a solid fork
    From my understanding, it's the completely new frames (and likely cost recovery) which make fat bikes so expensive.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen View Post
    I haven't quite figured it out either, about 2 years ago I tried one and thought this is pretty cool, I like the rigid setup with the cushy wheels....not much to go worng, no air pressure or shock tuning..... perfect. My friend owns a bike shop so I was thinking I could slide into something for a little over a grand.... wrong!

It seems like other industries bike companies have realized that people are willing to fork out a lot of dough and so they price accordingly.

I use to buy top of the line rigid mountain bikes back in the early 90's through a friend at cost and they were around a grand at the time, now days a bro deal on a decent bike starts at $3000.00 and up.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
    From my understanding, it's the completely new frames (and likely cost recovery) which make fat bikes so expensive.
    It's not the frames, it's the wheels/tires and ancillary components that add up. A good studded tire for a fat bike can run 500$ by itself. At the moment in snowy areas (basically Canada or anywhere there is an actual ski season) bike shops can't keep fattys in stock. Plus for the hunter types out there there are a couple companies making fattys in full camo and racked for guns or bows.
    #torontoexit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I hunt quite a bit on Rokon motorcycle I prefer it over ATV except when it comes to packing game Out
    The only downside to that Rokon is the noise and I have bin thinking about using a mountain bike
    I know guys that will throw mountain bike in the back of ther Pickup in case of a Break down

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/vi...hrtab-715&tt=b

Last edited by carverk; 04-26-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast