Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow-mo explosions + AC/DC = THIS VID

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Energetics View Post
    Yes that last one seems to have been "enhanced". If I had to guess from the combustion profile I would say propane.

Not our video!
    Actually, it was old mixed gas for a chainsaw. After a while the oil breaks down and will gum up carburetors, so I had to get rid of it.

Here's the real-time clip, to show just how fast that camera is. It's over and done with in less than a second. Compared to the fireball, the actual explosions are about 1/450th of the duration!

CGN Regular
    You can mix more than one pound at a time but you cannot combine them into a larger container or shoot multiples grouped together. Use how you should, or lose it for good!
    I remember you telling someone it must be used in it's
    original container to remain legal.

So if your seen packing it in a metal container,
    they will make an example of you.

Police arrest terrorist who lost an eye making HD Mega bomb.
    just-in untrue doh forces all terrorist to carry 3 documents
    while trasporting C4, and bans all binarys.

Always remember liberal rule number #1

"It can't be my fualt rule"
    If I injure myself doing something in a careless way,
    it's only becuase it should be illegal for everyone.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Yes that last one seems to have been "enhanced".
    Use how you should, or lose it for good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Above49TH View Post
    So if your seen packing it in a metal container, they will make an example of you.
    Your own website states:

• DO place target upright on flat surface free of debris and flammable material
    • DO NOT place product inside any object. shrapnel may cause serious injury or death

This activity in the video could be classified as the act of practicing with bombs, shrapnel creating explosives and fire spreading bombs and will cause your product to be banned.

Don't get me wrong: I love your product and plan on using you new 1/2lb Rimfire targets at as long of range as I can with my 300WM as I am already using your 1lb targets at 500 meters (longer and I can't guarantee detonation)! I'll be happy to add another training device to my repertoire and push the limits of my abilities further.

It is unfortunate the political stupidity and lack of common sense we live in, but if we can't get people to believe we can use them safely soon it won't be legal to own your products... and that will be another sad day.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    By the sounds of things these will be illegal soon any way
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    It is unfortunate the political stupidity and lack of common sense we live in, but if we can't get people to believe we can use them safely soon it won't be legal to own your products...
    I struggle with this, trying to decide how far is too far for our bubble-wrapped soociety to accept. My feeling is that the folks at ERD aren't stupid and fully aware that people are out there blowing up washing machines, electronics, and campers, felling trees, blowing up cars etc. with exploding targets. I don't do any of that. If anyone wants to ban these, there are much juicier bits on Youtube they can use to demonstrate the dangers.

The media can also show a 3-gun or IPSC competition and claim that it's practice for shooting people, or sport shooters like yourself who shoot at 500 meters and call it sniper practice. My feeling is that no matter how safe and responsible we are, these people will always find a way to spin things to make us look bad. Heck, someone just recently spoke of a demonstration by the RCMP of blowing up a car with 300 pounds. It's so ridiculously excessive and beyond what any law-abiding person would do that I don't even know what to say.

I try to be as safe and responsible as possible, and to bring these videos from a scientifc point of view. I blow up biodegradable logs, only mix one target at a time, sit at the recommended distance, and am careful to place the targets in such a way that most of the debris goes straight up, back and to the sides (no debris has ever made it farther than about 20 meters from the target in any of my shots - that was the one in the snow where one log cartwheels towards the camera). I'll go to great lengths to ensure that no parts of any log on the sides or on top extend in front of the target, in the case of the wooden dummy I had several other pieces to support the logs behind the target, which sat right over the front edge of the log underneath. The gasoline shot was taken with snow cover on the ground - not starting a fire was my main concern.

But I do see your point. Most of my videos come from a geek/scientist point of view. I can definitely see how this one comes off differently with the rock'n'roll music and exploding logs. But I really don't think, compared with how much full-on irresponsible use is out on Youtube, that my video is anything like the provebial "nail that sticks out".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Champagne View Post
    By the sounds of things these will be illegal soon any way
    Really
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    loved the shockwaves!!! :D
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    neet

I was in georgia last month snd some guys were buying these targets at a well known store, They had to fill out more peperwork for the targets than for the gun they also bought at the at the same time
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
    ― Socrates

Exactly why I love the CGN site !!! for some reason Caddyshack and Chevy Chase came to mind ? = Gopher Armageddon )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast