Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL RPAL Application wait times - Former FAC Holder both restrict/non-restricted

CGN Regular
    One more thing, the whole business with the 28 days or 45 days etc etc.................

Are these "business days" or literally, a full day including weekends????????

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    One more thing, the whole business with the 28 days or 45 days etc etc.................

Are these "business days" or literally, a full day including weekends????????
    Full days including weekends- my app was rec'd April 1st and they told me that this friday I would have an answer.

CGN Regular
    UPDATE;

So, on the 19th day, the RCMP has started the processing of my application as per the website. They have also charged my credit card the full amount.

I called the 1-800 number and asked if one of my references can call in as he's going to be out of the country for the next few weeks. The operator was fine with that and gave me an extension to have my reference call in. My reference called in this morning. Interview went smoothly.

So, now I wait.................

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    UPDATE;

So, on the 19th day, the RCMP has started the processing of my application as per the website. They have also charged my credit card the full amount.

I called the 1-800 number and asked if one of my references can call in as he's going to be out of the country for the next few weeks. The operator was fine with that and gave me an extension to have my reference call in. My reference called in this morning. Interview went smoothly.

So, now I wait.................
    Waiting is the worst part- I got mine approved/ issued on Day 28- last Friday. They said they'll try to get it in for printing that day, but if they couldn't then It wouldn't get printed until tomorrow -then a week for it to get mailed... I have a couple of pistols paid for and on hold just waiting for the card.... ��

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    RPAL application (I've been licensed FAC/PAL since 1983) marked as received Feb 22, marked as issued Tuesday, May 3. My record is as clean as can be. They called only one reference and not me at all. Hopefully the delay is due to a large increase of license applications!
    Last edited by PinkyPlinker; 05-05-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added date

Don't get too anxious. I think that this may have gotten me flagged ... as I can't think of any other good reason. I am on my computer all the time due to the work that I do and I checked online quite frequently. They keep records of when you log in and like I said this is the only reason I can think of that I have been flagged and I am on day 269 .... hope you can wait a little

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hvn View Post
    Don't get too anxious. I think that this may have gotten me flagged ... as I can't think of any other good reason. I am on my computer all the time due to the work that I do and I checked online quite frequently. They keep records of when you log in and like I said this is the only reason I can think of that I have been flagged and I am on day 269 .... hope you can wait a little
    Dude, 269 days??????? How's this possible? What are they doing, checking your family-tree?????

Don't know but today marks 277 days and counting. I have finally cracked and sent a fairly firm letter via registered mail to the CFO's office. Really I have no idea what is going on and I hope to get some answers other than "we are busy" soon.

CGN Regular
    I have a friend in Alberta and they waited 2 years. Wife is still waiting after 1 year. Maybe it's an Alberta thing?

CGN Regular
    UPDATE:

Ok dudes, fantastic news!!!!!!!!!

I was away a couple days and decided to check in on the status of my application for PAL/RPAL.

The website states everything is in good order and they are sending me my license within the next 2 weeks. If I do not receive it in the mail, I need to contact them at the 1-800 number asap.

So, in closing..............I was able to renew my old expired FAC into a new/updated PAL/RPAL. Simple, no issues, and looks like I will get it by early June 2016. Looks like I will get it in roughly 6-weeks since I started this whole procedure.

I can't believe it!!!!!!! Phenominal really. I thought I was up a creek without a paddle on this one. Good thing I kept all my old FAC coarse reports and stuff and mailed copies of it to them.

WOW!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast