Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL RPAL Application wait times - Former FAC Holder both restrict/non-restricted

CGN Regular

PAL RPAL Application wait times - Former FAC Holder both restrict/non-restricted

A week and a half ago I submitted an application for the PAL and RPAL card. I posted a thread in the General Forum concerning my holding a prior FAC which had expired and am in the process of renewing (hence the PAL/RPAL application). I had included in my application all the course certs, along with the CFO certificate and my coarse report with grades and examiner sigs with my app to make things easier.

I sent it via courier and as per their tracking system, the application, and photo/payment was received and signed off in N.B the very next day.

I selected payment via my VISA credit card. This way, I could check if the application was processed via checking my credit card balance to see if the payment was extracted. So far it's been 7 business days since they received the paperwork and I haven't heard anything yet, nor has the payment shown up in my VISA balance.

Am I correct to assume that they will charge my VISA first before they start the processing or does this occur after?

Some have mentioned one can phone and make inquiries to them about the processing stage my application is in. As I do not have a reference number at this point, will they still be able to pin-point where my application is?

Do I just call the 1-800 number and ask or is there more to it or am I jumping the gun way too early on this. I've been out of the loop that I have no idea what the backlog looks like.

FYI, I live in a rural area in farm country.

When I sent my PAL/RPAL in, it took almost exactly the mandatory 28 day waiting period. They charged the credit card about midway thru the process. You can go online and check the status also. Just need name, birthday, and birth city that you used on the form. Just Google "PAL status".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Treme View Post
    When I sent my PAL/RPAL in, it took almost exactly the mandatory 28 day waiting period. They charged the credit card about midway thru the process. You can go online and check the status also. Just need name, birthday, and birth city that you used on the form. Just Google "PAL status".
    Thanks for the PAL status instruct.

I just upgraded from a PAL to an RPAL instead of a basic renewal - CC was charged after the 28 day waiting period, and when checking the status online, it took about 2 weeks to show that the application was received, and it was after 28 days that the application showed up as initial processing completed. Roughly 45 days since they received it, (and the morning I was going to call in to make sure all was OK with the application) the status was updated to "Issued", and I received the card in the mail early last week. Fairly painless, but you're going to need a bit more patience.
    Member: CSSA, BCWF, ADFGA

330 Dakota - "If your dead, you dont know your dead, it only hurts the people around you,,kinda like when your stupid,,,AND VOTED LIBERAL"

My card was charged on day 20 & showed up online day 21 as being processed. Give it time. Keep checking website.

CGN Regular
    Update,

So I checked my application status online using one of their selected sign-in methods.

When it takes me to the page, the page is blank, so I'm assuming that my application hasn't yet been processed by their offices.

Should I be concerned? Should they have at least entered something suggesting that at the very least they have received my application or do they only enter something once they start the process?
    Last edited by Challenger2010; 04-25-2016 at 09:02 PM.

They received mine on 3/10. it has been 46 days and all it says on the site is:

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Mine wasn't in the system for over 2 weeks after they received it.

Minimum 28 days, given the old FAC and whatever hoops they come up with, plus backlog I would assume 40 days on the high end. This is pure speculation of course ... I just renewed my PAL online tonight. Sign up for an account and you can check your status without having to call in and nag ... after the 28 days anyway.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    Am I correct to assume that they will charge my VISA first before they start the processing or does this occur after?
    When they receive your application, they stamp it with the current date and then put it in a pile that will be opened 3 weeks later.
    After 3 weeks they open the applications that have a time stamp that is ~20 days old.
    The first thing they do at this point is process your payment and enter your info into the system. This has nothing to do with whether you will get your PAL on time or not.
    It is this time that your application will appear online.

There are basically 3 things that the site will tell you:
    1. They received your application and you messed something up, and they will contact you soon to correct it. (Don't wait for them to contact you, call them and ask what is missing)
    2. They received your application and you didn't mess anything up. (I called in at day 22 and asked if my reference could call. They gave me the extension and he called the same day)
    3. Your application has been approved or denied.

You're jumping the gun a little, brother. Ask again after another 4 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast