Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stun Baton Legality westrifle.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeducAb View Post
    Problem is when any tool becomes a weapon in its intention.

You'd think if you were to actually use it that you'd have to explain why you had it. Saying it just happened to be there is probably not a valid excuse.

I'd be more inclined to carry a baseball glove and a baseball bat with me.....you never know when you happen upon a good pick up game of baseball.....
    Good reason for getting the walking cane.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

My good friend got charged with two counts of possessing prohibited weapons.
    The cop said even if they are legal for bear defence, he's laying charges and its up to him to prove intent in court.
    He was working up in Grand Prairie and got pulled over on his way home, the officer didn't like that he had them in the vehicle and he was not enroute to the outdoors..

Having said that, I own a cane. It's very cool, but now I'm nervous to leave the house with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just throw a wood cutting axe in the back and keep firewood permits on you, probably less hassle if you actually have to use it and need to go to court.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    huh, Just thought of a "stun axe"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Problem is when any tool becomes a weapon in its intention.

You'd think if you were to actually use it that you'd have to explain why you had it. Saying it just happened to be there is probably not a valid excuse.

I'd be more inclined to carry a baseball glove and a baseball bat with me.....you never know when you happen upon a good pick up game of baseball.....
    In in the same boat as you. I deliver pizza, and used to keep a collapsible baton in the car just in case. Eventually ditched that for a baseball bat, because i can easily explain away a bat when I've got 3 kids, baton not so much. Luckily haven't needed to use it, but I did threaten some teenagers with a whooping one time because they were shining one of those big Green laser pointers at my windshield...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I had a 5lb hammer handle in my back seat for a long time. I got pulled over at age 21'ish and the cop said what is that? A weapon? I said no it's a hammer handle.

He said where is the metal part?

I said I dunno probably under the seat rolling around?

He brushed it off and I took the handle out of my car. Lesson leaned

As far as a walking stick with a stun gun in it. If you use it as a walking stick that's fine. If you had to use it to thump someone without the shock I'm pretty sure you could explain that.

If you use it to shock someone then I would guess there could be issues. One would be is it premeditated to have it on you just in case? Second would be is it a concealed weapon when you brought it with you to protect yourself as a potential weapon and it was disguised as a cane?

I like the old methods, swing for the fence Babe Ruth!

Haha

I like the old methods, swing for the fence Babe Ruth!

Haha
    I'd be leary of anyone waking around town with a baseball bat.
    A cane not so much.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffie View Post
    I bought a Baton from CanAm thinking it would an interesting toy or party prop and give a mild zap. I was mistaken big time. That sucker packs quite a wallop (tested on myself). Even 1/2 hr later found myself unconsciously still flexing and checking my hand where i zapped myself. It is certainly not a toy to be trifled with.
    Hahaha sorry for laughing but I had a good chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    I'd be leary of anyone waking around town with a baseball bat.
    A cane not so much.
    As I mentioned earlier. Baseball bat and a glove.

Walk anywhere or drive anywhere and never get looked at twice 👍🏻

with all the robberies in the town I'm in lately the rcmp wouldn't batt a eye if there was a stun cane in my truck.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast