Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stun Baton Legality westrifle.com

Expired Business Member

Stun Baton Legality westrifle.com

I am wondering how those stun cane and batons are legal and also do those work s shocker ? Can someone actually use it if attacked? Can I keep it in my car?

Thnx

They are legal because they are over 480mm long. A shorter than 480mm stun gun or taser would be illegal. They do give a shock yes. It's up to you if you want to keep it in your car I guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Methinks westrifle needs separate business and personal accounts.

Having a front row seat to a firearms dealer getting their regulatory advice from an online forum does not instill confidence. If that's how dealers are rolling, I'd rather not know. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Best think for you to do, is go to Canam's forum and ask them,, they are very knowledgeable in their product lines and answer questions put to them very quickly! I am sure they can answer you questions and sell you a few stun canes and batons,, I really like mine, they work well and are a great defence against animal attacks when I am out for walks and hiking! Plus the flash light is great!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post

Having a front row seat to a firearms dealer getting their regulatory advice from an online forum does not instill confidence. If that's how dealers are rolling, I'd rather not know. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
    this!
    some weird posts by this guy.
    We have increased our server capacity to make the site go faster.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post

Yup.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    One of those "What it's designed for" vs. "What it's actually used for" aspects of Canadian Law.

The batons are classed the same as cattle-prods. Basically, they're deemed to be of use for livestock and wildlife management/control. Now, if you take a cattle prod, and just happen to zap a person with it (hurts like hell, but won't knock you down like a taser - my cousins and I used to go at each other with them when we were kids because... boys on a farm, that's why).

Really, it's all about context. If you spend time on farms and ranches, or out in the bush where you might conceivably need to zap a critter to get it away from your lunchbox, good to go. Keep one in your vehicle. If you never leave city limits and keep one in your vehicle and get caught with it, a lot tougher to explain and justify.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    One of those "What it's designed for" vs. "What it's actually used for" aspects of Canadian Law.

The batons are classed the same as cattle-prods. Basically, they're deemed to be of use for livestock and wildlife management/control. Now, if you take a cattle prod, and just happen to zap a person with it (hurts like hell, but won't knock you down like a taser - my cousins and I used to go at each other with them when we were kids because... boys on a farm, that's why).

Really, it's all about context. If you spend time on farms and ranches, or out in the bush where you might conceivably need to zap a critter to get it away from your lunchbox, good to go. Keep one in your vehicle. If you never leave city limits and keep one in your vehicle and get caught with it, a lot tougher to explain and justify.
    Yes I think the police would raise an eyebrow, but where I walk in the city, there are lots of dogs and people don't seem to think they have to heel their dogs as they walk by you a lot of the time! I seen 3 teen girls the other night down at the park walking a pit bull,, pit bulls are no problem but they were just able to hold it and there was nothing around it at the time! Had we walked by them, they would not be able to hold it, should the dog decide to check us out or worse! That's where the baton comes in. I believe, just the noise would scare away most animals and the ones that don't,, well they get to try out the juicy end of the stick! I would rather have a discussion with a cop, or even a judge than go to the emerg. Part of it is peace of mind too, not as worried about what is around you when you are carrying these, not the best solution but better than nothing!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Problem is when any tool becomes a weapon in its intention.

You'd think if you were to actually use it that you'd have to explain why you had it. Saying it just happened to be there is probably not a valid excuse.

I'd be more inclined to carry a baseball glove and a baseball bat with me.....you never know when you happen upon a good pick up game of baseball.....

I bought a Baton from CanAm thinking it would an interesting toy or party prop and give a mild zap. I was mistaken big time. That sucker packs quite a wallop (tested on myself). Even 1/2 hr later found myself unconsciously still flexing and checking my hand where i zapped myself. It is certainly not a toy to be trifled with.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast